Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / im new any donations of the brain
- - By youngweldingsan Date 03-05-2007 00:14
Im 18 bout to graduate and i weld Stick and MIG a little oxyfuel.  All tips of information on machine set up in F-H-V-O positions for Stick or MIG would be alright.

THANK YOU
Parent - - By yorkiepap (***) Date 03-05-2007 19:33
Hey youngweldingsan,
There is a tremendous amount of information already posted here on the forum. Maybe take an hour or so each day and sift through the past posts in the "Shop Talk" and "Technical" sections. A real education awaits you......Denny
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 03-05-2007 19:55
Nicely put Denny, I read youngweldingsan's post and had to think about how a person might go about replying. I think you hit the "nail on the head", he really will benefit more from doing a little reading in the archives for right now. Then later, if he has some more specific questions, he should certainly post them. Regards, Allan
Parent - By yorkiepap (***) Date 03-06-2007 00:33
Hey Allan,
Thanks. I didn't have time to finish all my thoughts into words for the youngster, so I'll just add the finishing comments. When I first got on this site, a couple months before my first post, I read for a couple hours each evening and then brought in my welding composition notebook to take notes on the relevant posts and information generously provided. There were many ideas, suggestions, and experiences I made note of as a reference for future use. Definitely worthwhile as I had encountered issues that needed some forethought and maybe a better method. I had to categorize the notebook for the different applications, ie; MIG, TIG, Stick, Oxy/Acet.. The information has been invaluable and saved me a lot of pondering time. Just a suggestion for those who may try to remember a Topic & Post comment that is needed and eliminating the sifting thru all the Subject posts to find it.....Denny
Parent - By youngweldingsan Date 03-11-2007 16:47
thank you for your generous comments.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / im new any donations of the brain