Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / TIG Rod....????
- - By yorkiepap (***) Date 03-11-2007 03:24
Hey Guys,
I didn't know where to post this, so since this is the most widely read....here goes. I bought a varied mix of welding supplies, equip., misc "stuff" from an estate sale, and most has been sold to the fellows I knew were looking. I do have a bundle of welding rod, I believe for TIG, that someone may be interested. All the rod is 36" in length and at the end, it is flattened and stamped " ER NiCrMo-4". There are 33pcs. @.062" dia. and 3pcs. @.100" dia.. If anyone is interested, make me a fair offer since I have no idea of its value and I'm not set up for TIG yet. I didn't want to use it for crappy misc. repairs or oddball projects.....Denny
Parent - By chuck meadows (***) Date 03-11-2007 16:56
Denny, what you have is a nickel alloy called C-276. It contains 14.5-16.5% chrome, 15.0-17.0% moly, and approximately 61-62% nickel, along with the other elements. With the surcharges quite high on nickel and moly, this wire is quite expensive when bought from manufacturers or distributors. It is usually used to weld matching nickel alloys, but can be used on virtually any stainless steel. 
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / TIG Rod....????