Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Is it just me or was there a full moon?
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-13-2007 11:16
Seems like while I was out of town there has been a lot of fur and feathers ruffled over some pretty silly stuff. Almost every thread that I peeked in on had members going at each other for one reason or another.
So...what's going on in here? I hope this forum isn't morphing into one of those OTHER welding forums with all of the bickering and internet name bashings......
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 03-13-2007 11:34
Naw, I think you've just been away for a while John.  To me, it doesn't seem like anything out of norm, but then I've been accused of being blind before too...  There may have been a few feathers ruffles here and there but that's life....
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 03-13-2007 12:46
I don't think anything was out of line to the point of offending members, just the normal heated discussions and difference of opinions.  That's the great thing here; everyone at the end of the day shows great respect for the opinions of others.  It just takes a few additional posts for some people to realize that others see things in a different light.  Most of the heated debates, in the end showed the professionalism that we all carry in this forum.
Parent - - By new tito (***) Date 03-13-2007 13:13
There have been a few threads where people have gotten a little ruffled.  Just childish arguements, really.  I think what some ought to do is take their arguements to PM's a leave them out of the boards.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 03-13-2007 13:49
I think a little passion for an opinion is a good thing, as long as the respect for those who disagree is maintained. A little heat ain't bad. This ain't so different than many of the code committee activities I've seen.
The important thing is a committment to the safety and viability of a weldment. Some folks have strong opinions about how that should be achieved. And perhaps the importance of it warrants strong opinions.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-13-2007 14:02
"I think a little passion for an opinion is a good thing, as long as the respect for those who disagree is maintained."-quote

I agree, it just seemed to me to be worst than the usual opinionated disussions. I've been caught up in those heated discussions myself in the past. Hopefully we'll have better days ahead.
Parent - - By thcqci (***) Date 03-13-2007 14:30
Ditto.  Welcome back John.  How did NACE training go?
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 03-13-2007 14:32
ya had to ask!  Now your going to see some ruffled feathers!!! lol ;-)
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-13-2007 14:42 Edited 03-13-2007 14:53
Well, I learned more about surface prep and paint than I wanted to know(kust kidding), now I can't claim ignorance when I see us doing something we shouldn't. Very informative class, I would recommend it to anyone responsible for applying/inspecting coatings.

edit:
A big round of "Thank You" 's to those who steered me towards that class(Doug, Chet, Charles, and others).
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Is it just me or was there a full moon?