Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Steady hands
- - By CWI555 (*****) Date 03-25-2007 03:20
to York,
"As I recall from other post (correct me if I have this wrong) you've mentioned being a master gunsmith. Therefore I direct this post to you.
I've found that the standard methodology for target competition have a direct correlation. Proper balance of weight, breath control, hand eye coordition, for me it's just translating which is always easier than learning a new skill altogether. I realize this is semi off topic, but that has been my experience. I wanted to ask you, if you see it the same way?
Parent - - By yorkiepap (***) Date 03-25-2007 04:45
Hey CW,
Yes, there is a direct correlation involving the control of muscles, breathing, visual, applied weight, and most importantly, mindset. It always comes to the absolute of mindset that allows the correlation to engage each facet into one action. From the onset of muscle applied to weight engaging visual lock from released breath to final squeeze....in that instant....the bullet has left the muzzle. Make sense????....  Denny
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 03-25-2007 05:19
makes perfect sense to me. for welding, the difference is the process is continuous rather than instantaneous. Mind set is the key as you've stated.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-25-2007 10:34
YEPPERS!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Steady hands