Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / How are the old lincoln SA-250 welders?
- - By Molten Metal (**) Date 03-28-2007 00:21
I have a trailer job that I'm doing thats worth about $500.00 The gentleman I'm doing this for has an old sa-250 that he will trade me.It's in real good shape as far as the sheet metal and all.I will find out what year it is,but it's the one with the older looking black-face and aluminum looking dials.Not the newer looking ones.He believes its somewhere in the 1970's.It is supposed to have run fine when left set about 8 years ago but would need to be gone through.Do you guy's think its worth it? Are these machines on par with the sa-200's? Parts easier or the same or harder to find for them? its a gas model.Thanks.Gary.......
Parent - - By Molten Metal (**) Date 03-28-2007 04:26 Edited 03-31-2007 02:39
Well.Picked her up today.Has 3800 hours on it.It has a circuit board idler,so,it cant be all THAT old.It dwarfs my Miller Bobcat.You should have seen the look on my wifes face.Pricless:) It sure looks to be all there and in pretty darn good shape.Its got a 4 cylinder Conti. engine,(gas).
Parent - - By Molten Metal (**) Date 03-31-2007 04:34
Aw,come on guys.Someone out there has to have welded with one of these,eh????
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 03-31-2007 05:10
molten metal , some are good some are bad they weld ok just depends on what you are doing we still have 3 , 2 are shot were still keeping for parts . i still like our sa 200's better i still have 1 red face i bought new worked good till i loaned it to a gold miner . so i don't loan welders anymore . i traded  off most of the old ones we'll probably get some 400's this year . good luck . willie
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / How are the old lincoln SA-250 welders?