Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Can you imagine yourself doing this?...
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-19-2007 14:22
I love it when he mentions the only three things in the world that he is afraid of.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcalasGr_uk
Parent - - By yorkiepap (***) Date 04-19-2007 18:05
Hey John,
Thanks for the connect....AWESOME! to say the least. That fellow definitely has some "huevos"!! His fears are easily overcome....he has the proper "mindset". His third fear was probably the most difficult. The other clips of the attack helos were also indeed AWESOME!!!!! Loved all of them. The advancement of Mr. Gatlings tool is a sight to behold.....He was the creator of the "Key to open the Gates of Hell". I can still vividly remember watching "PUFF" going to work in Nam. Chuck Meadows could also relate.  I wish our defenders of our country were allowed to use the "tools" in our "world fixit toolbox"....sorry to get a bit offbeat....Denny
Parent - By rebekah (**) Date 04-19-2007 18:23
WOW!
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-19-2007 18:40
Hey Denny,

When I saw the other worker crawling along on the next set of wires over, I was waiting to hear " Hi Bill....Yeah, Good Morning to you there George" ...as they passed each other....LOL
Parent - - By yorkiepap (***) Date 04-19-2007 19:57
Hey John,
When I saw the other guy, I thought there was something wrong with the video or there was some kind of reflection until I realized it was indeed another "wire crawler" going in the opposite direction. I played it 3 times to get the total effect and wonderment. I didn't see a second chopper, did they both go on one?........Denny
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-19-2007 20:07
I wonder if they needed arc flash protection for their eyes...some pretty serious arcing going on as they move back and forth between the chopper and the wire.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 04-21-2007 13:55
WOW!!!
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 05-12-2007 08:47
I seen a little discovery channel show on this kind of work.....

These guys can get more (REQUIERED) inspection work and repair done in a single day then a whole crew pounding from the ground....we have all seen a power line clear cut...=rough terrain.   It is an amazing nitch these fellows have carved out and the pay I understand is outstanding...(well yea look at what they are doing). 

It is just COOl.....

Nice post man
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 05-14-2007 04:30
Somehow I don't see that job function in my future.
Parent - By norcalwelder (**) Date 05-15-2007 14:39
Man that pilot must have had ice pumping through his veins!!!  That was really hairy! 
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Can you imagine yourself doing this?...