Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / what to buy for machine
- - By jsimwelding Date 04-30-2007 03:43
Im wanting to buy a portable welder for my truck and dont know what to buy. I will mostly be using it for pipeline and pipe fabrication. I was leaning towards the pipeliner200d but the 300amp output bugs me as I will need to burn 1/4 inch 7018 for capping pipe. I was looking at the 200d and 300d , and the Ranger 305 G (for price as this will be my first truck) as well as the Vantage 400 and miller pro 300. I could also be using to weld stainless tig with it as well. Size isnt a issue as I have a 1 ton dually truck. Any help would be great.
Parent - By downhandonly (***) Date 04-30-2007 04:03
wait for a couple of months and you will probably see everything from 300gs to completely tooled rigs for sale around here. All the guys who tried to jump on the band wagon and rigged up in the last few years when it was booming are gonna be starving soon.  just a little cautionary note. Spring break up is not a really good time to rig up a truck. most pipeliners are sitting right now and all the rig repair jobs are taken now too. just something to think about unless you have an "in" with a company.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / what to buy for machine