Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Slow Times...
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 05-01-2007 16:55
Lost my bid job to poly pipe....DAMN IT!!

Now I'm slow, just running around in my pickup doing the P.R. thing.

Just crying again to you guys.........Sourdough
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-01-2007 16:57
Don't they weld that stuff too? ;-) Heat fusion?
Parent - - By downhandonly (***) Date 05-01-2007 17:50
aren't the risers and pig senders steel? two tie-ins and a day of fab perhaps? better than the wife putting you to work in the garden like me... oh well gotta go finish tilling!
Parent - - By pipeliner01 (**) Date 05-02-2007 05:32
tell me about it, I've been painting and putting down laminate flooring for the last week, I ain't a very good handyman with this house stuff. Did ya get those dasies planted too, ?? and how are the gnomes doin'?
Parent - - By downhandonly (***) Date 05-02-2007 13:26
didn't get the daisies in yet. got some pretty funny gnomes hiding around the yard, the wife got some damaged ones the other day for $5,obviously the people at the store do not know the meaning of damaged...hmmm I didn't know they couldn't fly, damn cheap gnomes! I got the shatterproof ones this time. lol
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 05-02-2007 13:31
feast or famine... its the life of being self employed... quit yer whining sourdough! ;-)
Parent - - By pipeliner01 (**) Date 05-02-2007 18:35
you guys need one of those travelocity roaming gnomes, that guy's indestructible, or some gargoyles or griffins
Parent - By downhandonly (***) Date 05-02-2007 21:15
lol
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 05-06-2007 00:16
SD I'm an old hand at that plastic pipe welding. I tell ya your not missing much after the first 50 joints you will wish you were some where else. Enjoy the time off. Your wife if like mine has a "honey-do list" a mile long. Barring that it sonds like a good time to crack open a few cold ones and tell sea stories. then you have to ask yourself what is the difference between a sea story and a fiary tale? one starts "Once apon a time" and the other starts " This an't no shit". Party on.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 05-06-2007 03:15
Fairy Tales & Sea Stories : A guy I met back in My livaboard cruising days had a slightly different version, "A sea story begins with the words OH SHIT"
Parent - By Root Pass (***) Date 05-06-2007 20:38
When I was in the the Marines it was "This is a no shitter... there I was, dead drunk, with three naked Phillipino hookers..." Just fill in the rest and I promise you will have a captivated audiance.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Slow Times...