Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / new to site
- - By STEELERS (*) Date 05-18-2007 18:54
HELLO.     I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM. I LOGGED IN THIS MORNING AND POSTED THE WELDING INSPECTION. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY RESPONSES SO IAM WONDERING IF I POSTED IT RIGHT OR  NOT. COULD SOME ONE LET ME KNOW. THANKS JODY
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 05-18-2007 19:06
Hello STEELERS, welcome to the Forum. You may want to post your question under the heading INSPECTION, however I believe you will still receive responses even where it is currently located. Sometimes a question needs a bit more detail and that is why it takes a while for folks to respond, I'm not saying that is the case here, I'm just saying look at your post and decide if you could include any more information to help with the responses. There are many very knowledgeable folks that respond here, don't feel as though you have been overlooked, please just be patient. What little I know of your situation and my experiences with what you are trying to accomplish wouldn't be sufficient to help you much. Regards, aevald
Parent - - By STEELERS (*) Date 05-18-2007 19:16
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. 99% OF OUR WELDS ARE .O45 FLUX FORE ON STRUCTURAL STEEL. WE HAVE HAD A NEW BEAMLINE FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS . WE HAVE BEEN DOING MOSTLY INDUSTRIAL FABRICATION FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS , BUT SOME STRUCTURAL ALON THE WAY. NOW WITH THE BEAMLINE WE CAN REALLY GET GEARED UP FOR THE STRUCTURAL MARKET AND I KNOW GETTING A QUALITY PROGRAM TAKES TIME AND I WORK LONG HOUR ON THIS AT HOME ALSO BECAUSE IT IS HARD TO Q.C. AND ALSO DO THE TRAINING OF THE GUYS FOR A OUALITY PROGRAM.
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 05-18-2007 19:54
Is your caps lock button broke? Just kidding man, bustin ur marbles a bit.  I too just got thrown into the same situation you did and i'm alone.  We are trying to get ISO9000 certified so we have to have all kinds of documentation on everything we do.  I'm in charge of all the welding procedures/welding and as of right now we have nothing because all the old ones are no longer any good due to some changes in process so i'm starting at square one.  I have to qualify all kinds of new procedures and test the welders to the new procedures (witch there not to happy about).  I will be inspecting lots of welds as well.  I just got back from taking my CWI exam last wekend and i'm crossing my fingers for and above 72% grade.  I will also have to be showing these guys how to inspect their own work to boost quality like yourself.  I feel what your going through right now and it's not going to be easy.  We have over 80 welders and do all types of welding and i just started here alittle over 2 months ago so i'm still learning the ropes.lol  We just got a new contract with Blackwater to build armored personell carriers so it just keeps gettin worse.
    How long have you been working at this place?
Parent - - By STEELERS (*) Date 05-19-2007 02:26
the reason i type in all cap's is i'm not the best typer. so i guess if i type in all lower case means i am an idiot typer !!! no dis repect to anyone . thanks for your input.NOW BACK TO EASY TYPING. I HAVE BEEN AT MACO SINCE 1989. I HAD WELDING IN HIGHSCHOOL, COLLEGE, AND HAVE WELDED EVERYTHING FROM INCONEL TO TITANIUM TO PURE NICKEL 200 AND ALL STRUCTURAL AND MISC. AND CERTIFIED IN MOST OF THIS FOR DIFFERENT PROCEDURES. BUT THIS IS BECAUSE I TAKE ALOT OF PRIDE IN DOING SO. ALOT OF PEOPLE WE GET NOW REALLY DON'T TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT THEY DO AND IT IS JUST A JOB TO THEM. THEY DON'T TRY TO BETTTER THEMSEVLES. THAT REALLY BOTHERS ME.
Parent - - By HgTX (***) Date 05-21-2007 15:45
If you have to choose between all caps and all lower case, please pick lower case.  All caps is really hard to read.

Thanks.

Hg
Parent - By STEELERS (*) Date 05-21-2007 16:24
thanks. i will do that from now on.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / new to site