Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Oerlikon minifil spoolon gun
- - By Blastweld Date 06-01-2007 22:08
I am looking for any information on old oerlikon minifil spoolon gun for welding aluminium, the makers no longer have anything about them and I would be grateful for any manuals or parts list or leads to these or parts.
Parent - - By panaya (*) Date 06-04-2007 11:12
Please,have a look at binzel-abicor.com,find your nearest BINZEL office.They can help you.
Parent - - By Blastweld Date 06-11-2007 18:08
Been in touch with Binzel and they cannot help so I still need help from someone out there ,thanks.
Parent - - By aametalmaster (*) Date 06-14-2007 19:08
Got any pictures?. I have lots of spoolgun info but i don't have any on yours. I have had spoolguns since 1962...Bob aametalmaster@yahoo.com if you want to email me direct
Parent - By Blastweld Date 06-15-2007 21:44
Thanks Bob I will take some photos of the machine and e-mail them to you.
Parent - By Arcfire Date 04-27-2008 11:00
This is a blast from the past. I have been a service engineer on welding equipment for 32 years and I started with the UK Oerlikon agent at that time.
I worked on many Minifil Spool on Guns at that time. I am suprised there are any left working although they were of excellent build quality.
The gun was manufactured is Swiss, from a now closed factory. It was obsolete before Air Liquide took over Oerlikon Welding across Europe.
A large number of guns were sold to the MOD. The Head Socket was the main problem as I recall, 2 types existed.
If I can be of help please contact me.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Oerlikon minifil spoolon gun