Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Just P.U.S.H!!!
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-13-2007 11:23
Here's an amazing story that was written by a true friend for life!!! A fellow Liver Transplant Recipient that wrote this piece during the time when he was hospitalized to have part of his right lung removed because of an infection that caused localized necrosis...  He wrote this shortly after the surgery... Since then he has miraculously recovered from the surgery and is doing very well

I'm posting this because I believe it might help some folks here when they read this and at the very least, they can pass it along to others that may just need to read this so, here goes:

A man was sleeping one night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light, and God appeared. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin.

The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might...

So, this the man did, day after day. For many years he toiled from sun-up to sun-down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might!

Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, Feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Since the man was showing discouragement, the adversary (Satan) decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind: (He will do it every time)!

You have been pushing against that rock for a long time and it hasn't moved." Thus, he gave the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man.

Satan said, "Why kill yourself over this? Just put in your time, giving just the minimum effort; and that will be good enough."

That's what the weary man planned to do, but decided to make it a matter of Prayer and to take his troubled thoughts to The Lord.                                                                                                      

"Lord," he said, "I have labored long and hard in Your Service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"

The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done.  Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it.  Your task was to push. And now you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed.

But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back shiny and brown; your hands are callused from constant pressure, your legs have become massive and hard.  Through opposition you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. True, you haven't moved the rock.  But your calling was to be Obedient and to push and to exercise your Faith and trust in My Wisdom. That you have done. Now I, my friend, will move the rock."

At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He Wants, when actually what God wants is just simple obedience and faith in Him.

By all means, exercise the Faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God Who moves The Mountains.

When everything seems to go wrong.........................Just P.U.S.H.

When the job gets you down................................Just P.U.S.H.

When people don't do as you think they should.............Just P.U.S.H.

When your money is "gone" and the bills are due...........Just P.U.S.H.

When people just don't understand you.....................Just P.U.S.H.

P = Pray
U = Until
S = Something
H = Happens

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. May God Bless You.

Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray. RJD

Ironically, his name is Robert Doktor!!! :) He's definitely been my "spiritual doctor" through the twelve plus years that I've been honored to call him - My Friend :) I just thought this would be nice to share with all of my friends here in the AWS forum :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 08-14-2007 07:07
very cool Henry!
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 08-14-2007 07:24
Wonderful..!

All the best to you Henry!

Stephan
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 08-14-2007 22:49
Henry,
  This was absolutely wonderful! Thank you very much for sharing this with us. I've had a few rough days this past week, and your thread reminded me to just be obedient to God, and he will do the rest. God can use our illnesses or afflictions to do great things if we are just obedient. Henry, personally, I needed this. Thanks again for sharing this. Boy, it hit right at home for me.

Chuck
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-14-2007 23:08
Hi Chuck!!!~
I'm glad that it helped and you know, I posted this with you, Joe and Dave Boyer in mind especially but, also for the rest of us who sometimes need to read stuff like this every once in awhile, and to remind us to K.I.S.S!!! Now do'nt get the wrong idea folks!!! I'm totally 100% HETROSEXUAL HERE SO, DO'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!! FUGGEDABOUTIT!!! CAPISH???

(Keep. It. Simple. Stupid.) No offense Chuck or anyone else for that matter because I use that acronym for myself since I tend to overcomplicate people places and things.

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 08-16-2007 19:21
Henry,
  The day I read this thread, I got a phone call from my Dr. telling me that my PSA had dropped drastically. Great news !! The battle is not yet won, but the enemy is on the run. I thought it was strange that I received the news the same day I read your post. Think God might have planned it that way??? No doubt in my mind.

Chuck
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-17-2007 04:21
You know what they say Chuck... How God speaks to us through others... Well, I think he's using all of us as his portal so, I'm not surprised either!!! :) :) :) Keep listening there Chuck as I know you will :)
Even though you know this by now, May God continue to BLESS YOU and YOUR FAMILY!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By vagabond (***) Date 08-31-2007 02:17
Right on!!  I plan to forward this to some friends, family and bro's.  I've always appreciated your posts regarding welding matters.  The attention to detail in your answers displays your professionalism.  It's great to know you are also a committed man of God.  This post definitely made me think!!!  God Bless
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 08-31-2007 08:46
LOL  who is in control here folks....
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-06-2008 12:31
I went digging around and found this again i remember the first and last time i found it and well we were goin thru hell at least i thought we were with Ryder and all that was going on and then i found the Don't you quit card. Do you remeber that 1 Hank? i posted under 1 of the posts for Ryder. Anyway i read this again and i must say it brought back alot of the bad memoris but at the same very instant it reminded me to never give up and in the past few months i have pretty much done that still striving to do what i can but wasnt really trying or in this case pushing hard enuff thank you Hank for putting this up here so i could find it again months later to remind me of what i need to do i've been shoved around alot in the last few months but starting right now i'm P.U.S.H.ING back yall look out i'm back in the saddle and raring to go not as physically strong as i was before but i'm comming  i'm comming from the bottom again but at least i'm able to. It was god that lead me back to this post for a reason this really hit home. Thank you my friend i wish ya would of kicked me along time ago. lol
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Just P.U.S.H!!!