Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / An open letter to American Welding Society Forum Membership
- - By jon20013 (*****) Date 09-26-2007 15:47
Dear Fellow Forum Members;

As most of you know, Chuck Meadows has been battling cancer for some time now.  While I have no doubts Chuck will survive this horrible illness I ask that you keep him in your prayers.

Even before finding out about Chuck's illness, I had been scheming on ways of having a named American Welding Society Scholarship as a way of honoring the great contributions he's made in our field.

Unfortunately, Avesta Welding has been non-responsive to my requests for sponsorship funding so to that end I am going to begin coordinating with some of the other stainless steel filler metal producers, as Chuck's done so much for the stainless world I'm sure there are other willing participants in this cause.

If any of you should wish to contribute to the Chuck Meadows Scholarship fund, please contact Mr. Samuel W. Gentry, Jr., Executive Director for the American Welding Society Foundation.  You may contact Mr. Gentry at 1-800-443-9353, Ext. 331 or via his e-mail address: sgentry@aws.org

Warmest regards,

Jon
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 09-27-2007 04:10
i would love to help, when and how...
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 09-27-2007 07:04
Hello Darin, I believe the contact number that Jon included in his post is the individual to speak to at the AWS foundation if you are considering making a donation to this scholarship. If you have something else in mind then it would likely be best to contact Jon directly, possibly by private message, or just wait for his reply here on the open forum. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 09-27-2007 08:46
To all my brothers and sisters here, this may strike you as odd, but Chuck Meadows and I have never even met in person yet he and I have developed a very special bonding through this Forum and I love him as I would my own brother... Anyone who wishes to help further this campaign should contact Mr. Sam Gentry of AWS Foundation directly...

One of the sad realities of life these days is perceptions of inpropriety, and with that said, I personally don't wish to even touch any funding which may be offered, it just makes things so much cleaner. 

If anyone wishes assistance to help convince their employers for sponsorship, I'll be more than happy to compile a listing of major contributions Mr. Meadows has made to our great industry and, (going out on a limb here) may even be able to get copies of articles from the great technical author, Chuck Meadows.
Parent - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 09-27-2007 23:22
thanks
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / An open letter to American Welding Society Forum Membership