Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / spoolmate3545 to trailblazer251nt setup
- - By mooseye (**) Date 10-01-2007 17:30
I can't seem to get penetration and smooth bead. I'm not sure about where to start the voltage for schedule 40 1" aluminum pipe. I currently have 4043 .035 wire in the gun running 100% argon. It is connected to the trailblazer via Millers SGA 100C. I don't have a remote for it yet so what would be a good starting point?
And thanks in advance.

PS I know a good high freak and a tig would be better on this pipe but I can't seem to lay my hands on a good used box. I didn't realize the trailblazer was so tig friendly. The manual tells you what all the switches do but not how to utilize them to full advantage. Any input on this would also be appreciated!
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-01-2007 19:53
Sounds like you have all the correct equipment.

For a nice spray transfer weld you will want between 175 and 200  DC= amps @ 22-25 volts

Also make sure your Power Supply is providing CV current...

Here is more detailed data on Aluminum GMAW parameters  (check page 14)
http://content.lincolnelectric.com/pdfs/products/literature/c805.pdf
Parent - By mooseye (**) Date 10-01-2007 23:40
There is only one dial on the trailblazer. How do I set the amps and volts? Or is this a relative thing? I have been welding for over 35 years, but not with a spoolgun on a gasoline drive. Never knew it was possible.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / spoolmate3545 to trailblazer251nt setup