Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / auto darkening len
- - By tightline11 (**) Date 10-15-2007 12:48
i am looking  for a  2X4 auto lens  for my  pancake hood  i  have looked on a few website  and alll i  can  find is a fixed shade  do  they make them  that goes from a 9 to a 12, or even a fixed 11, or fixed 12,   and  i ask  about the welding cable reels   i for got who it was that  gave  me  a past  post on here   thanks for the post   but i couldn't get  it to do  right  sooo im stilll looking  lol   thanks for alll the goood info!!!!!!!!
Parent - - By scrappywelds (***) Date 10-15-2007 23:18
yes they EQC makes a varible shade 2x4 lens. ArcOne makes fixed shades up to 12. Can be ordered at AirGas
Parent - - By gotpipe597 (**) Date 10-17-2007 01:01
that is the lense that a have in my pancake and it works great. just make sure that the thickness of it will fit in the slot on the sheild. i think it only ran me alittle over $100 for it.
Parent - - By tightline11 (**) Date 10-17-2007 12:36
i never  have looked at the auto  lens ,  so  the auto lens are thicker  than  a regular welding lens????    i might have to get me another pancake mine  might not fit the auto len  its  around 12 years old  not sure if they had the  auto len  on the market backthen  lol   thanks   for the comments
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 10-17-2007 13:57
They have 2x4 auto lenses that are the same size and thickness as your shaded glass that goes in your standard hood now..
Parent - By JA (**) Date 10-18-2007 04:13
i had the same problem with my tiger hood from fibremetal ,,,,,,,,,,,too thick,,,,,,,just cut the hood slot with a razor knife  ,or file it down a bit so the thicker lens will slide in........
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / auto darkening len