Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / gas tank straps
- - By downhandonly (***) Date 10-31-2007 03:29
what can be used to replace the old metal straps holding the gas tank on my 67 redface?
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-31-2007 07:29
1"x1/8" or x1/16 mild steel flatbar ....couple of pieces of angle with hole drilled in them welded on ends?     Small nylon truck straps?
Parent - - By Wrench Tech (**) Date 11-02-2007 13:22
I have to do the same job.  I bought some long hose clamps.  They come straight and if they're not quite long enough you can put two together.  Cheap too!
Parent - - By downhandonly (***) Date 11-03-2007 00:59
thanks guys
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 11-06-2007 14:50
We use a metal banding like what is used to secure equipment to pallets. Looks like factory for around $4.00.
Parent - - By NMWELDING (**) Date 11-06-2007 18:18
KSellon
I know it is off the subject, and I remember seeing it somewhere in the forum,but who do you use for shipping when buying or selling articles? Thanks.
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 11-06-2007 19:18
Machines = Freightquote.com 800-323-5441 X1586 Chad.

Reliable and damage free to date.
Parent - - By pipeliner01 (**) Date 11-08-2007 12:50
Lee, get some old combine belting from a farm repair place, it's usually about 12" wide but you could cut it down and it's pretty strong, it's kinda hillbilly but that's how we roll down here. You should see my welder now, one side door, only got the gear selector pointer, the fine pointer went onto the remote, gas caps leakin', high idle only (reed switch is stuck open).
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 11-08-2007 14:37
not to step on toes but the reed switch closes when put under load closing the 12 volt sircuit and idling the machine up. When the 12 volts drops out or is grounded the machine idles down.

If your machine won't idle down make sure the solenoid is clean, no oil on the plunger, then take the white wire (far left) on the board loose from the board and scratch it to clean metal to ground it out, if it idles down, either your board is faulty or you are not getting a good ground at the mounting spacers.

Another problem that causes the SA200's to not idle down is a faulty oil pressure switch. But with this fault, your pilot light won't come on and you will start having to jump your machine. If you encounter this problem, to check it put a jumper wire across the 2 terminals on the oil pressure switch, if the light comes on and your machine idles down, walla. Take the jumper off and replace the switch. It takes approx 8 psi to satisy the switch for operation, so you can get one at an auto parts store if a Lincoln dealer isn't close.
Parent - By pipeliner01 (**) Date 11-19-2007 23:44
good to know thanks for the info, I'll fix it in the spring unless somethin' serious breaks down, too cold to be outside when I'm not gettin' paid for it, lol
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / gas tank straps