Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ok-etiquette question
- - By KSellon (****) Date 11-13-2007 14:45 Edited 11-15-2007 12:36
Where or how would you contact other welders to notify them of a very sticky rig welder? EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty. Law enforcement persons here in Oklahoma are looking for a man that should be able to enlighten them on the whereabouts of some equipment.  I have been informed I can not disclose the details at this time.

So what is etiquette and legal to informing you welders out there of this type of character? And would you be willing to call law enforcement if you saw the guy?
Parent - - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 11-13-2007 19:00
Wow, that is a sticky one.  Personally, I would let the law handle it and stay away from the whole thing.  The last thing you want is for this guy to come back and be able to sue you for slander or deformation of character.  Be careful and let them handle it.
Just my .02
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 11-13-2007 19:12
I tend to agree... ethics aside, you may be risking potential legal action upon yourself if the guy decides that some of what you inform people of is not "complete" truth... i.e., defamation of character... sadly, that's the American way... sue everybody you can.
Parent - By TozziWelding (**) Date 11-13-2007 23:05
He will be known far and wide soon enough, word travels on it's own, good or bad.
Parent - - By XPERTFAB (**) Date 11-14-2007 05:06 Edited 11-14-2007 05:27
If you are that sure, then do both the members of trade and this guy a favor and post his likeness on every forum you can!  He would be lucky to just get apprehended by law enforcement.  The alternative solutions to this kind of problem are often messy!
With the "Law" he could get a plea bargain, rehabilitated, free housing and meals and likely some time off for good behavior.  With the "Alternative" his options are more limited.........  Remember, the people he is hurting are your customers!

If you are not so sure then find a contact number and call him up.  Ask ask him point blank if he would mind being helpful to authorities by listing himself and his contact info on forums of this variety as a person who would be able to gather some direct information in the thefts of property as you describe.  When he says No, ask him if there is someone he can identify who might be better for the position.  If/when he does the whole "Not Me" thing, tell him thanks for his time.  Ask him to think some more about taking the position and tell him you will give him a call next week to inquire about his decision.  Make sure to keep calls like this coming to him either from yourself or by others whom have a vested interest.

I used this very method to retrieve property stolen from me when local law enforcement told me I would never see those things again.  Worked like a charm.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 11-14-2007 14:52 Edited 11-15-2007 12:41
I can post a link to his Dept of Correction info, so you have a pic and name (because it is public record). Other than that, yes I am working with Law officers, but the guy has alot of locations to jump around to, pipeline, rig yards, etc. All of the information I stated can be verified. ( I have edited what counties have interest, because law enforcement does not want him to avoid those counties) Law Officer Neal Locke will be more than happy to talk with anyone who has information on this guy. Let me know if you want his office and cell numbers.

Anyway I just wanted to know your thoughts. I fully believe in Karma. Thank you all. Here is the guys DOC link. He drives a '05 white Dodge Xcab with a '07 Classic 300D.

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=223763&offender_book_id=115569

If you have problems bringing that up go to this link and in the top left hand space DOC#  type   223763

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=395&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 11-14-2007 18:13
Does this guy currently have a warrant, and if so, can you post a link for it?
Based on what you have shown me, the guy is not to long out of jail having served time already for the crimes you've listed. However; I'd be damn sure there is a current warrant out for the guy before carrying this further for lawsuit reasons.

Regards,
Gerald
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 11-14-2007 22:40 Edited 11-15-2007 12:45
Yes that is why the Grady County and Officer Neal Locke have contacted me. They are looking for leads to his where abouts. I have already given them information on every rig yard and pipeline contact I have.
Parent - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 11-15-2007 02:21
bad news rides a fast horse..    I believe that you throw his name around aws and you will find him. i have a friend who is in the sheriffs dept. here in enid, i will foward this to him..
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ok-etiquette question