Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / what books needed for 1104 study
- - By crazycajun (**) Date 11-27-2007 18:53
does anyone know what books i would need to study for the CWI 1104 test. the ones that specifically pertain to passing the test cause i need an edge for sure.
Parent - - By new tito (***) Date 11-27-2007 19:38
Simply, you need the API 1104 code book.

There's only 60-some odd pages, so reading it is not too challenging, and it only takes a few times to get you familiar with it.  Do not try to memorize it, but memorize how to navigate it.  There are some study guids that are handed out during the seminar, but not sure if you are taking that.  If not, look on the CWI application and somewhere it tells you "recommended study material" - look on there.
Parent - - By crazycajun (**) Date 11-27-2007 19:41
thanks for the response but someone was telling me about terms and definitions or something like that and fundementals not sure exactly what to look for with those.
Parent - - By new tito (***) Date 11-27-2007 21:26
Are you asking about the 1104 test or the whole CWI test?
Parent - - By crazycajun (**) Date 11-27-2007 21:36
the whole test all three parts
Parent - By awspartb (***) Date 11-27-2007 21:48
CWI STUDY GUIDES:  Certification Manual for Welding Inspectors, Study Guide for API-1104 along with code book and Visual Inspection Workshop.  All of these are available from AWS store and you will get the API and Visual Inspection study guide at the CWI seminar.  I suggest you buy them on your own and study.  You can then sell the new study guides on ebay when you are done with the exam.  It's a hard test and if you are paying for it on your own, you'll need to study........hard.  Good luck.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / what books needed for 1104 study