Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / caution
- By darren (***) Date 12-02-2007 06:40
it has occurred to me in a few posts/thread that some less than ethical persons have sought some info from this very respectful forum. from pedeling wares to some questions that border on or go past national security. never mind the questions around how would you fix so and so from some shmuck who asks what kinda rod to use. and it obviously should have engineers and a whole host of protocols,  no disrespect for those just starting and and or learning as i am, asking what consumable should be used. im talking the obvious ones, like that guy who asked how to repair something at a nuclear facility a little while back. like c'mon really
the ones that most worry me are the posters who have not disclosed any information as to how to get a hold  of them or hold them accountable for their questions and what they intend to do with the answers.
so for what its worth (i realize an unsolicited piece of advice is worth exactly its cost) i am a little skeptical of those that leap in with their one time just new to the forum with no disclosure of who they are questions. i definately don't want to inhibit anyone from asking a genuine question on here as it makes it most interesting and every new poster brings something unique to the forum. i just want to remind myself and those that are interested that some of the questions on this forum should be questioned.
thanks for letting me state the obvious
darren
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / caution