Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / breaking out for the first time
- - By k_williams (*) Date 12-02-2007 01:21 Edited 12-03-2007 00:52
trying to break out any ideas, Ive talked to everyone i see and practice every chance i get  just dont quite know the best place to start.
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 12-02-2007 06:14
quitters never win and winners never quit
hang in there something will give.
give no quarter
darren
Parent - - By k_williams (*) Date 12-02-2007 14:28
i hear yo somtimes it will make you think twice though. Im definitly not gonna quit.  I love to weld and believe you have to be proud of your work (or job) to be sucessful, i just need to get my feet wet an the opertunity to become the welder i desire to be.
Parent - By scrappywelds (***) Date 12-03-2007 22:15
if you can pass a weld test. pick ya up a hot sheet, call a hot job needing welders. travel to the job , pass your test and there you go your a welder getting paid. be warn though if ya ain't good enough they will weed ya out if ya can pass the test. good luck thats what I did almost 10 years ago.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-09-2007 04:04
starting out sucks i'm sure others will agree it seems that for the 1st 4 or 5 years nothing will ever come of it then you get that 1 big break whatever it may be but like it was posted dont ever quit never even think of it. Just hang on and do anything you can to make a dollar but whatever you do dont cut any throats it will bite you in the ass hard when you start cutting throats your rep gets ruined and so does your name so just be fair and honext and all will work out
Parent - By downhandonly (***) Date 12-09-2007 10:20
get out and give 'er. the rest will fall into place.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / breaking out for the first time