Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Discrepancies
- - By rafael Angarita (*) Date 12-19-2007 20:49
The current work is to colocate 36 m of burried 30" ASTM X-65 for extracting water steam. The pipes came at site with rusty surfaces that demand adecuate preparation before paint.
In one hand we have the technical specifications that describe the surfaces preparation procedures; in the ther hand have two plans with the drawnings of the pipes and details. One plan shows a concrete recovered burried pipe with out explicit mention of surface preparation and the other plan shows the chimney that rises up with explicit sand blasting spec.
The contractor says that sand blasting aplies only in the chimney. I say the surface preparation aplies on all the pipe.
This is a situation.
Please forgive my bad english.
¿Waht do you think about?¿Is a common place?
Parent - By David Lee (*) Date 12-19-2007 22:03
The specifications from the customer should always prevail. You made need to contact them just for clarification.
The reason I'm saying that is because often times the drafters that draw up the plans may miss vital information.
It would be benifical to ask the final customer if possible. At the least check with the drafters. In a lot of cases the contractor
may try to take an easier way to do things.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Discrepancies