Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pipeliners rig stolen
- - By KSellon (****) Date 12-20-2007 15:45
Marcus Wright from Weatherford Oklahoma had his entire rig stolen yesterday morning @ 4:30 am. I figure it went to Texas to be stripped. '01 Ford F350 silver with a 73 SA200 code#7074 sn:A684755. This guy has been running pipe for 12 years and he had every tool imaginable. I know there isn't anything that can be done just making you gentlemen aware.
Parent - - By Gregory Walker (*) Date 12-21-2007 00:48
where was he at?
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 12-21-2007 14:11
At home. It was stolen right out of his driveway.
Parent - By JescoPressure (**) Date 12-22-2007 02:58
Thats really to bad. Its one thing when someone steals your car stereo but when someone steals your way to make a living there aint nothin lower
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-22-2007 03:54
oh man if that happened to me and i  found out who did it. it wudnt be a pretty site
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-22-2007 03:55
single dbl or ex cab
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 12-22-2007 15:25
extended cab. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Marcus is always respectful and very knowledgeable about his work. I really just wanted to put it out there to let you guys in the Texas or oilfield area know, if someone comes around selling 2-4,3-8,6-12 MD beveling machines and all the tools of the trade cheap, its probably going to be this guys stuff. It's not much but I am personally putting up 2500 for any leads on these thieves arrest.

Merry Christmas to all. Gods speed getting home.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-22-2007 18:08
can you get a vin number from him just in case by far chance i run into a rig like that and a plate number i'm sure they've been changed but who knows also was the bed painted to match or just the standard factory surface rust. I work 30 miles from mexico border theres jus a slim chance i might run into it but like you said i'm sure they stripped of machine and tools and ditched or burned the rest
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 12-22-2007 18:53
By now the truck is parts, the welding machine is on another truck and the tools are either in a pawn shop or sold to another welder. Think about that the next time some slimeball at a wine shead has a cutting torch or beveling machine he needs to sell and the price is really great.
THe reason people steal welding equipment is welders will buy it from them. Call a cop and let the slimeball explain why he is selling the tools of his trade at a wine shead.
BABRt's
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-22-2007 18:38
WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT WORK ON A SATURDAY I BET YOUR HUSBAND IS OUT OF TOWN AND YOU GOT BORED LOL JUST CANT STAND IT ALWAYS GOTTA BE DOIN SUMTHING YEAH ME TOO
Parent - By PlanB (*) Date 12-23-2007 03:37
I had a rig stolen years ago, sucks a fat mans butt. Never found anything. Kaye, see if he has any pics to post, that might help.
Parent - - By whiteyford M1A1 (**) Date 12-26-2007 02:17
That stinks!!
Just another 2 cents. What's the copper in a machine worth? A long time ago someone mentioned 200lb in a 400 amp machine. I honestly have no idea. I do know I paid $200 for 50' of lead and two couplers last week.
Copper is disappearing like crazy around me here in western PA. They found a couple fingers recently in a local substation that someone tried to steal from.
Good luck and do post some pic's
Randy
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-26-2007 03:50
Randy, I got an old Idealarc 250 for $75 on eBay. The guy said He was thinking of scrapping it "for the copper" It is good He didn't as the 1966 machine is aluminum wound :-) KSellon points out that some of the windings in a pipliner are aluminum and some are copper. It is quite a bit of work to get the windings out of a generator, motor or transformer. These units usually get sent over seas where labor is cheap to get scrapped. Of course that is not to say a crackhead might not steal one with the intent of scrapping the copper.
Parent - By pocket change (**) Date 12-27-2007 05:20
any luck finding sorry sob that stole rig truck. talked welder the 22nd (I think) said he bought two bev machines,4 pipe jacks and 3 grinders for 700.00 didn't ask no questions as to where they came from said the guy was driving nice dodge dually truck with enclosed trailer. maybe nothing at all tried to call some people that might know this welder no luck yet. work in fairfield area and barnett shale will keep look out for "cheaper than dirt" tools
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pipeliners rig stolen