Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Nominations
- - By jon20013 (*****) Date 12-28-2007 07:53
Based on my own personal thoughts and perhaps sharing the thoughts of several others of our Forum, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank, and nominate Scott Norris as the funniest Forum Member of 2007... How about it, any seconds? 

Thanks for keeping us on the lighter side of things, Scott!  All the best to you and your family in 2008!

Maybe our Forum Administrator can make up some type of certificate?

A typical Scott Norris funny:

New Years Day, 2008 will mark my 50th birthday.  My first New Year's resolution is to finally find out what "resolution" really means.  After that, my second resolution is to start a petition that will require the monkeys in the zoo to wear sunglasses so that they can't hypnotize me any more.  Next, my third resolution is to start making my wife walk at least ten paces in front of me whenever we go out, in case we're attacked by street mimes again.
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 12-28-2007 11:39
I'll second that nomination!

Scott is my idol...  :)

Tim
Parent - By new tito (***) Date 12-28-2007 15:00
Don't think I'll ever forget this one from the "other hobbies" thread.....

"Most of my free time is spent drinking, but I only drink because it makes everyone around me seem more interesting.  Sometimes, when I'm not drinking, I like to start an argument with the four walls of my living room and then abruptly leave the room to let the ceiling settle it.  If it's warm outside, I like to stand in my front yard wearing nothing but my Hello Kitty training panties and point a broken hairdryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.  If it's cold outside, I'll stay in and play my 33 rpm records at 78 rpm speed to sharpen my superior mental thought processing capabilities, or play full contact Solitaire.  If I can't decide on what I want to do, I'll just go to my room and jump up and down on my bed, jumping high enough to repeatedly bang my head on the ceiling until I knock myself unconscious."

I enjoy reading his smart arse and humorous responses.  It really throws me off when he gives sincere and meaningful technical responses that really help out. lol    
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-28-2007 17:46
Yeah, I have to agree that Scott is one phunny individual...When posts that stuff, I am humored to say the least. Thanks Scott.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-28-2007 19:45
I absolutely concur....this fellow has a pythonesque  sense of humor that will catch you off guard.  I have quoted him several times to friends and always got a good laugh followed by a wide berth and strange stares thereafter.  Having people firmly believe you have no grip on sanity can be rather handy even if its true.  Because of this fellow I now know to strictly follow the commands of my rice crispies...after all I WANT TO LIVE!!!
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-29-2007 07:37
Scott's post in the "Miller Light" thread 2/6/07 is a classic. He has My vote too.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Nominations