Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller bobcat vs. Hobart Champion 10k
- - By windmillman Date 12-29-2007 21:54
What is the REAL difference between the Hobart Champion and the Miller Bobcat?  in looking for machine that fits my needs, these two seem to be competitively priced, locally.  But. . . I kind of get the feeling that the Hobart is like Black&Decker Home Owner line as opposed to Miller being more of a commercial/tradesman quality machine.  I've used blue ones and red ones both with great satisfaction, that's why I'm curious about the white one.  Thanks!
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-30-2007 05:16
From the spec sheet, the Bobcat has higher duty cycle and gives AC and DC output while the Champion is DC only. It apears to Me that the Hobart brand is marketed to the home shop & farmer since Miller aquired it. The Champion USED to be roughly comparable to a Bobcat or a WeldanPower/Ranger 8 when Hobart was Hobart. I would like to hear what a person in the welder repair fiels has to say before I chose one over the other. HINT HINT
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-30-2007 19:58
what ever happened to the 54 you were trying to get rid of go with miller
Parent - - By windmillman Date 12-30-2007 22:29
Still got it . . . Still haven't got to that part of the to-do list yet.  Personally, I feel more comfortable with the Miller,  even if I go with the 185DX.
Parent - By dan 14 (*) Date 12-31-2007 11:24
the hobart has less guts, it's much lighter in weight, does not weld 6010 as good and from what I have seen the pain job does not last as long.  I like the miller trailblazer, it has a 3phase alternator for welding and it welds awsome, the aux. power can be used no matter what amp. setting you have where as the bobcat the fine tune needs to be a 10. the trailblazer has no fine tune, it's all one range. not much price difference at cyberweld.  trust me this is the best bang for your buck!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller bobcat vs. Hobart Champion 10k