Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Its finally running
- - By k_williams (*) Date 12-30-2007 23:39
Thanks to everyone that helped me on my project with the red face that i had questions about in another thread.  I dont know what exactly fixed the problem but i went through and fixed all i could think of doing.  I put a set of gauges, new plugs, re-wired the mag and starter, cleaned the fuel tank, put a ball valve and inline filter instead of the sediment bowl, and put a different type air filter on it. Theres probly a few other things like cleaning this and that etc.....  It will turn over 2-3 times and bust off now and run all day. I was wondering about burning everything off the valves and pistons, would  5/32 work instead of a 3/16 that way i wouldnt have to buy any new rods. Any way thanks for all of your help, I might have landed a job and will be traveling quite a bit so will check in when posible and let you know how things are.

thanks a bunch,
kent
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 12-31-2007 00:17
5/32 wont "grunt" the machine like 3/16. borrow some rod from another welder if you dont have any.
You can also put your machine on a load bank.  this will do the same thing.
Parent - - By downhill798 (*) Date 12-31-2007 00:36
what is a load bank
Parent - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 12-31-2007 02:04
welder repair shops have these machines to test the output of welding machines, they dial in a "load" on your machine. can check out the output in every range of the welder.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Its finally running