Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / moving to texas
- - By CK Welding (**) Date 12-25-2007 05:56
I have been thinking a little about moving south and I was wondering if there is much pipe work around San Antonio.  I run my owen rig and currently live in Wyoming.  Work isn't to hard to come by up here.  Can someone tell me were to look or what I might run into down there.
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 12-25-2007 14:12
alot of work around ft worth. compressor,pipeline, completion kind of work. dont know about san antone
Parent - - By CK Welding (**) Date 12-27-2007 01:10
Hey thanks man.  That area wouldn't bother me any.  I am still interested in other parts of texas if anyone has any leads on other parts.
Parent - By ZCat (***) Date 12-27-2007 01:40
Freeport area has lots of industry, as does Texas City and Pasadena/Deer Park
Parent - By Justin O (**) Date 12-28-2007 04:28
Theres lots of work about 1-2hrs south of san antonio.  Lots of pipelines and compressor hook ups etc.  I have some numbers if you need some leads.  Its just slowed down a bit because of the end of the year so I'm working in Kansas right now.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-28-2007 03:46
There isny any pipelines goin thru San Antone right now all i've heard of is single hand thru the union and zachry is building a power plant at calaveras lake i wouldnt come any further south than waco i'm tryin yo get out and you want in wanna buy a house lol
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 12-29-2007 04:12
Would the weather be a factor? Below zero forty knot winds versus 90 humidity in 85 degree sun for say, September. Come on, this is radically different environments we're talking about. San Antone has waitresses in common with Gillette and that's about the end of the comparison.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-29-2007 10:46
danged if i know i stayclose cause my 5 mo. old has brain cancer and he needs me more than i need the monbey well i need it but he;s #1 right now i'll loose it all before i loose him truck machines all of it who cares i can replace it but i cant replace him. I doubt it's the weather theres a co in san antone  strike construction i hear is lookin for rig welders in thier yard sorry dont know the number
Parent - - By Justin O (**) Date 12-30-2007 04:26
you want some numbers for strike
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-30-2007 18:05
heck yes just got told yesterday they are putting us on alternating shifts 1 week on 1 week off sounds good i know but i aint a roughneck and i need maoney every week so i have this next week off i can go and test and hopefully pass i need a break from the oilfield and maybe pipelining is where it's at if not i'll try to go back to the feed lot and do more repairs i got a stainless hood for my redface spose to pick it up today along with the 53 shorty i sent for idler upgrades
Parent - - By CK Welding (**) Date 01-03-2008 02:46
Sorry I left you boys hanging.  Been really busy latley.  Just didn't have time to be online.  I have so much work around here right now that I don't really want to leave.  Well I never really di want to leave, the wife is the one that wants to go.  She is from there and really wants to go back.  I am just seeing if i can go and keep my truck busy. I might take you up on some numbers at a later date and i thank all you for the info.
Parent - - By texasrigwelder (**) Date 01-04-2008 01:16
im in gillette wyo right now but most the work down home is around the ft worth area
Parent - By Justin O (**) Date 01-04-2008 03:04
there some work in east colorado im from south tx workin in kansas
Parent - - By chall (***) Date 01-04-2008 12:00
Parent - - By ZCat (***) Date 01-04-2008 14:33
that Motiva job is in Port Arthur, not Corpus Christi.
Parent - By chall (***) Date 01-04-2008 15:49
And a fine point you make sir.

Thanks. 
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / moving to texas