Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / CWI seminar
- - By willbergj (**) Date 01-10-2008 20:45 Edited 01-10-2008 21:41
i am curious on what to expect.  Ron Thiess (spelling may be wrong), i was told will be at the Houston tx. seminar in feb. 24.  are there any comments on this man, if negative i would prefer it PM to me.  anyone else going to be there?

does anyone know of any sample questions out there.  i know the wit and manual will have some, i have it on order.
Parent - - By arrowside (**) Date 01-10-2008 23:24
I've got the code clinic for d1.1 and the practice exam for API. I've also got WIT, the WIT workbook, Visual Insp, etc. Basically, I've got every book from the seminar, brand new, never used. e-mail me on what you need, and we can make a deal. ttourvil@rochester.rr.com
Parent - By willbergj (**) Date 01-10-2008 23:36
thanks, but i already ordered the books
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-11-2008 06:46
Ron has been a top guy in the field for decades

He has rich experience and is a good communicator.

I've spoken to him on a number of occations and sat for a few of his seminars at the Welding Expo's over the years.

Never heard a bad word........ Heard innumerable compliments.
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 01-11-2008 07:13
Ron Theiss will be fine for you.  Nothing like what was experienced back East last year.  Study hard and don't worry so much.  If you study and learn the subject, the test is not as hard as you will be led to expect.  Don't worry yourself into a self induced failure. 
Parent - By crazycajun (**) Date 01-11-2008 11:16
i heard that the wlders inspectors technology has pretty much every thing you need in it to cover the bases to pass the fundemenals section of the test. does anyone know how true that is. i know it has alot of information in i just got it, and i kinda glanced through it last night and it covers alot of stuff. so does anyone think that it has enough info to pass the fundementals section of the test.
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 01-11-2008 12:39
willbergj , ron is an excellent person  to do the seminar and has posted on this forum , search it , you may be able to make comments to him directly . he has helped many . i was hoping he may come to alaska and do the ri seminar . study hard , if you are ready you will pass . good luck . willie
Parent - - By willbergj (**) Date 01-11-2008 14:51
thanks guys.  i should be getting the books in soon.  i am sure i will have many more questions.  thanks for the help.

jason
Parent - By mountainman (***) Date 01-11-2008 15:29
Ron Theiss was the instructor at the seminar i was at and to be honest i don't think i would have been successful on the exam if it where not for him. he is very easy to understand and learn from. (the guy really knows his stuff)

JJ
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / CWI seminar