Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Bad Day
- - By ctacker (****) Date 12-22-2007 03:19
think you had a bad day at the office?
http://www.glumbert.com/media/baddayoffice
Parent - By rig welder6 (**) Date 12-22-2007 04:10
imagine if we melted down like that with all our toys?   it would suck for someone
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-22-2007 06:17
I sent it to all of my office pals :) :) :)
Thanks!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-22-2007 08:31
I am so glad that welders despite our quirks are a physiologically balanced breed......hmmmm if we melted down like that it would make the news and probably the prison rolls as well with our tools and capabilities.    Lets break out the boxing gloves and get it over with ....tomorrow is a new day and it will be fine.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-22-2007 15:27
Percussive maintainence
Parent - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 12-31-2007 00:24
i twisted off like this in Nabors yard on Aug. 14, 2007.  i threatened the welding boss within an inch of his life. Death was mentioned, too!
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 12-22-2007 21:48
I thought everyone could use a chuckle!
Wishing everyone health & happiness this holiday season!
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 01-01-2008 04:25
Thanks for that ctacker! That was hillarious! Good to see "regular folks" losing it over office equipment. I've had more than one fax machine, printer, computer raise the blood pressure but no sledge hammer yet. I showed it at the family gathering at Christmas and everyone cracked up. Also now they see that we (on the forum) sometimes do more than talk about amps, volts and SA 200's.
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 12-22-2007 19:03
THANKS! I needed that
BABRT's
Parent - - By downhandonly (***) Date 12-23-2007 23:17
I know a guy who holds the record for making a 7" grinder fly the farthest! lol
Parent - By Plasma-Brain (**) Date 12-30-2007 00:14
That video is great, brought a tear to my eye from laughing so hard :)
Reminds me of the movie Office Space, olny real :) :) :)
I cant say I havent done that to some ill tempered peices of electronic equipment, but most of them were already shot when I took the baseball bat to them.....
I defently dont beat on my weld equipment that way, well... except for "Mr. Smashey" my loyal and trustworthy 3# hammer.
Nothing like pounding a peice of 1/2 inch flat stock into a 1/16 sheet when your in a bad mood....
Happy holidays
-Clif
Parent - - By kelly_b (*) Date 01-13-2008 02:56
LOL good stuff!
Parent - - By Mat (***) Date 01-18-2008 12:34 Edited 01-18-2008 12:48
I used to throw helmets, but that got expensive.  Now I throw hammers, they tend to survive the impact.  :)

Back in the day, I got pissed off at a welding machine I was using and kicked it...a tad to hard, I suppose...  "eeeee.....WHUMP!"  it wasn't damaged, but I'm sure that I scarred it emotionally.

And grinders, man...My first welding job I lost it and threw one through a part rack.  In one side and out the other  "FOOMP, KABASH!"  At the same job, a spiked a 7" off the ground, man, Makita's can take a beating.

Ahh, memories...
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 01-18-2008 23:43
Watched a foreman (famous for his short temper) take a brand new LN-25 out of the box (couldn't get it to feed due to not connecting the motor groung clamp) and within 10 minutes threw it off the hi-wall 300' to the bottom of an open pit coal mine. You just gotta laugh. I wonder what the archaeologists theory will be in 1000 yrs when they dig it up???
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-20-2008 00:20
I worked with a foreman that had to have held the world's record for throwing his hardhat the farthest when he was "ticked off" about something. We used to take turns getting him "ticked" just to see how far it could be thrown.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 01-20-2008 18:11
I laughed so hard I cried. Who hasn't been there?

Many moons ago I walked up onto a rig floor, picked up a 6 1/4" drill bit and threw it down the open hole upside down. Got tired of the "screamer" tool pusher..........
Parent - - By pipeliner01 (**) Date 01-20-2008 21:05
I told a consultant I was gonna cut off the bowl and throw a chain downhole if he didn't sign the ticket, he complained some more and eventually signed it.  Some of these a*&holes need to be taught lessons like that, I've found driiling consultants to be the worst, I think it's something about sitting in that shack for ever. My dad was a drilling consultant for 25 years and he said in the old days he used to keep a snipe in his shack for just such occaisions, talk about lunatics.  P.S.--I can't imagine the fishing bill for a bit dropped upside down...lol
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 01-21-2008 22:59
Sourdough, Really, a Toolpusher that screams??? har, har...Did you get build a special fishing tool and stick 3 more hours onto the Ticket??? I wonder if the AWS could hold a hard hat tossing competition at the next conference?
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-24-2008 18:50
I finally got it to load and i must say wow lol i now know i'm not crazy lol
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Bad Day