Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / .46 shorthood for sale.
- - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 01-07-2008 00:17 Edited 01-07-2008 00:35
im building a new 50 x 100 welding shop and need all the cash i can to build it. so my  shorthood is for sale. pictures on request. i must have your email address as i have had troubles posting pics,  here. machine is in EXCELLENT SHAPE> over 7000 invested.
Parent - - By ablake32 (*) Date 01-07-2008 01:04
Hi Shorthood can u send me some pics of the machine please? adambabcock@yahoo.com   And what are u askingfor it?  Thanks.
Parent - By 40xbweld Date 01-20-2008 02:01
Hi shorthood i talk to you about a week ago i'm the one thats has 9 sa200 in ohio and just pick another one. also got the generators (3) rebaked from that welding shop with (4) sa200 gas tanks (2) front covers ,this has been a buying week iv'e tried to call that Dean guy about a bed 3 time no return call to me.
Parent - - By jlp (**) Date 01-07-2008 01:25
Darin,did you get my end caps & shroud on the way. Please call me and let me know.   Jerry
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-07-2008 11:47
if he dont come thru let me know i have them
Parent - - By texasrigwelder (**) Date 01-08-2008 00:49
pics 2 thompson_tanda@yahoo.com
Parent - By Roadhand (**) Date 01-11-2008 01:18
Send pics. BFM214@yahoo.com
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 01-22-2008 13:26
Jerry- I haven't 4gotten about you, I will take pics this morning.
Parent - By james pearl (*) Date 01-12-2008 19:12
send pics to jtp1963@netzero.net
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 01-15-2008 22:02 Edited 01-16-2008 18:52
Darin- I don't know how you do it day in day out. I sold a customers machine, that we had the engine rebuilt on to a guy in Arizona, back in August and now I am responsible for every hiccup the machine has and am supposed to supply any and all parts that look worn without charging him. I do not and will not sell machines, I just work on 'em. I'll leave the horse trading to you, it's not worth my time or headache.
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 01-17-2008 03:35
Im very sorry to hear your delima. How may i help? have the machines i sold you worked out?  I have a minimum of 5 calls a day on welding machines. most, are from aws and Billswelderrepair.com. thanks to YOU.  99% of all the machines that i sell are "AS IS". Most machines i buy, i DONT know the story behind the machine or know if they have had "open heart surgery". I want to thank you again for posting my name on your web page.... Lunch sometime? thanks, darin
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 01-17-2008 13:37
Lunch sounds good. I am hiring another guy and am now working 6-10's to try and keep up. Ii just had to vent about the machine. I sent the guy a new carb at no charge and then he was unhappy with the looks of the selector switch and wanted to replace it, so I sent him one. Now he doesn't want to pay for it. When I sent him a bill, he called me a liar and a cheat and said he would be making a post on AWS. I told him to post what he liked  I had been friendly and helpful as best I could. Just makes me want to pull my hair out.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 01-18-2008 03:26
Kay, some people are like that. You could spoon feed Him, hold his hand while He poops, and wipe for Him wen He is done and it still would not be enough. I don't think a post by that Ahole will tarnish Your reputation here at all, in fact I am pretty sure there are those who You have helped that would jump all over Him if He posts.
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 01-18-2008 05:11
daveboyer I agree he could post here and it wouldn't hurt her reputation one bit
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 01-18-2008 07:14
Hello KSellon, to my knowledge and having limited information at best, I believe you and those around you to be honest and up and up individuals. I have followed many of the topics and discussions that you have been gracious enough to comment on and provide assistance with to believe that this particular individual isn't giving you a fair shake. I know from the many different instances that you have provided information and assistance to countless individuals on this site that you are widely and sincerely appreciated for doing so.
     I can also tell you this, many years ago I worked as a farm/heavy equipment technician. I had a particular individual bring in a tractor to have the fuel sending unit worked on. In this particular case I had a choice of either removing the entire operator's deck of the machine or coming up with some other method of accessing the faulty part. I opted to very carefully use a large diameter hole saw to provide access to the faulty part and save the particular customer more than a full day's shop rate to make the necessary repair and also provide future access in the event of a similar failure later on down the road. I also very carefully finished the modification and painted it so that it looked basically like a factory feature. Upon explaining what I had done after determining the failure and making the repair, I was chastised by the customer and told that I had no right to make that sort of decision and modify his machine without his consent. Although I could see his point after hearing his complaint I was still somewhat stunned and peeved with his attitude considering the care that I had exercised and my actions being aimed at saving him time and money. I guess what I am saying somewhat echoes that of others here on the site. Even the best intentions of an individual are still left up to the interpretation of those that they end up dealing with and sometimes the results aren't as we would hope. You are appreciated. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 01-18-2008 14:11
Nice story, I will have to print that and hang it on the wall. Thank you all for your kind words and reassurance. I will continue to do all I can to help those I can.

Kaye Sellon
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-19-2008 07:25
Used is like is says used as is where is like it sits if you dont go try the machine out and look it over completely then thats your fault you get what you pay for Kaye you have gone out of your way to help that SOB and have not even come close to loosing me as a customer or even a friend all of your advice has helped me and been 100% percent correct everytime i never blink an eye whe nyou tell me what i need to do what i honestly think is he has it in his head you are a woman and dont know jack about these rigs and thinks he can get 1 over on you good luck buddy shes tougher than you think thanks for all your help you are truly 1 of a kind
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 01-20-2008 14:56
tell that gentleman that if he doesnt like the machine that i will take it off of his hands!!! we will simplify this situation.
Parent - By jlp (**) Date 01-20-2008 19:52
Darin,have you sent the parts yet,please let me know. Call me 361-935-1662   Thanks
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / .46 shorthood for sale.