Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Super Bowl Picks
- - By johnnyh (***) Date 01-25-2008 15:38
Lets see who can get the closest to picking the outcome.  Are the Pats going to complete their perfect season or are the Giants going to pull off the upset? 
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 01-25-2008 16:37
Football SUCKS!
Parent - By Plasma-Brain (**) Date 01-25-2008 17:32
Football.... football..... thats the one where they chase the little black puck accross the ice right????
or was that basketball....
Yeah.... it is isnt it... because baseballs the one with the nets and the orange ball and soccor has the bats and gloves right???
Or was that feild hockey... you know the one with the horses???

OH wait i know now!!! Basketballs the one that I used to play in junor high with the four courts where you had to hit the big rubber ball before it bounced in your square.... thats right... now I remember.
SO footballs the one where you put on the masks and use the CO2 guns to shoot eachother.... wait no thats paintball...

Oh I give up...
Mind as well stick to welding given that ill never be one of them pro hockey players chasing that peice of dead pig down the feild..... besides all that armor and helment seem kinda uncomfortable...
:) :) :)

before anyone freaks out, i know what my sports are im just not that big of a fan... these are some of the responses i used to give customers when i worked at Price chopper in the deli.... the looks i got from people were priceless when they asked what football team i liked and id respond "i dunno, dont watch hockey..."  :) :) :)

-Clif
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 01-26-2008 04:09
Amen
Parent - - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 01-25-2008 17:56
Patriots all the way. 
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 01-25-2008 18:43
Pats and Giants? Hmmm. Either way its another season of a fricken Manning in our faces on every ESPN commercial break.    :>)
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 01-25-2008 22:01
One thing for sure, the game is going to be in Arizona and that means the Cheer Leaders won't need to be all bundled up.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-26-2008 15:04
You noticed that too??

Seriously folks, I love the game, always will, and the only thing that it sucks is money from ones wallet... "Ca-Ching!!!" Fbrieden sounds like a wife LOL :) :) :)

Now as far as who I'm picking for next weekend, well - I always root for the underdog but, my momma didn't raise no fool when it comes to placing a wager so, money up for both teams with a bit more for the Patriots to offset my other wager with the underdog Giants because, my Steelers didn't make it this year:( :( :(

May the BEST TEAM for next week WIN!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 01-26-2008 16:28
Henry...there'll be four televisions on at my house game day with my WIFE watching the game in whatever room she is!!!! I'll be either playing my guitar or reloading ammunition as I do on Monday nights when football is on!
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-27-2008 06:11
Wow!! Too many television sets on at the same time can be outrageously chaotic so, I guess I can sympathize with your situation as it relates to the Super Bowl ;)
Sorry to hear about your situation... Playing a tune or more can help one get out of their surroundings - at least temporarily while they're playing.

I hope you have a peaceful Super Bowl Sunday doing something creative!

Respectfully,
Hnery
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 01-27-2008 12:50
reloading ammunition? Actually that sounds like a damn good idea. I usually don't watch the game, but my wife does. She'll call me in during commercials as some of them during super bowl can be pretty funny.

Regards,
Gerald
Parent - - By elliott (**) Date 01-25-2008 22:36
coming from boston i would have to say the giant dont have a chance.Hope fully it will be a blow out.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-26-2008 03:14
Elliot "Hope fully it will be a blow out"  yea that makes for a great super bowl party.........

unfortunately I believe your right......I expect the Patriots to have at least a 10 point lead at the half and have the game in hand by the end of the 3rd.    UGGHHHHHH

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 01-27-2008 16:37
It wasn't like this when Knute Rockne was alive!
Parent - By 1mancrew (**) Date 01-28-2008 01:20
The team I hate most in all of sports is the New England Patriots! The team I like best is whoever can beat the New England Patriots! GO GIANTS!!!
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 01-28-2008 16:48 Edited 02-04-2008 16:23
Patriots - 31   Giants - 17

Tim

edited on 2/4
It's all my fault...
I knew that any time I bet on a team, they are thereby cursed to lose.
It never fails...
I thought it would be allright this time because I didn't put any money on it. (thank goodness)
I should have known it wouldn't make any difference.... my curse is all-encompassing.
I apologize to the Patriots organization and their fans for my stupidity.

Tim
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 01-30-2008 03:18
Belichick cheats and they're all overpaid.
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 01-30-2008 21:34
Plaxico says 23-17 Giants.  I am thinking more like 45-14 Patriots.  I just hope the commercials are good because the game is gonna be a snoozer.
Parent - - By qcmike (**) Date 01-30-2008 22:33
Pats, please not even close.

Everyone cheats, just we got caught. 

They are not overpaid.  It is the best managed team in pro-sports.  They never give in to players demands, i.e. Where's Deon Branch, Ty Law, David Givens, Adam Vinatieri, etc. etc. etc.  They all wanted the big money, none got it from the Pats.  Dave Givens is out for probably life, and gets to keep a 6 mil bonus from the titans.  He didn't even play one game.

qcmike
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 02-02-2008 18:20
I meant that ALL football players are overpaid. That goes for baseball and basketball. And I don't think they all cheat. But we know Belichick does.
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 02-02-2008 21:49
If millions of people were paying to watch us weld, inspect, fit, and what-not I would expect the money too.  We earn the money that we generate as do these athletes.  The stories of athletes breaking the law make the headlines but there are just as many stories of these people giving back to the community, leading relief efforts and just doing the right things.  These players dont get the publicity that the strip club frequenting athletes do but there are some very good stories out there.  Some people like fixing up cars or flying airplanes but I love watching sports.  Having played college athletics I know the dedication and skill that it takes to get to that level.  In other words I dont think that they are overpaid but maybe we are just underpaid in some cases.  
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 02-04-2008 03:13
Bilichek sneaks out the back door before the game ends!!

Not a Giants fan but pull for anybody to beat the Pats.

Yes i'm still mad about the Panthers Super bowl loss to them.

Don Shula and crew can relax for a while.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 02-04-2008 03:45
GIANTS WIN!!! GIANTS WIN!!! GIANTS WIN!!! PATS CHOKE!!! PATS CHOKE!!! PATS CHOKE!!!

POETIC JUSTICE!!! BIG BLUE DID IT!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!! 2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-04-2008 03:08
So much for the Patriots. 17-14 Giants.
Parent - - By ason1965 (*) Date 02-04-2008 10:48
I'm from Tx and a Cowboys fan. Yeah, throw yer spears, but this was the best superbowl in years. I wanted an upset and got it. heheheh.

Dean
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-04-2008 23:33
I'll have to agree with that, most of em just suck.
Parent - - By Justin O (**) Date 02-05-2008 03:30
yea im from texas and it was good because the cowboys werent there   Lol      Im a KC  cheifs fan
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 02-05-2008 16:31
Man O' Man,,, that one's gotta hurt.  LMAO!!!! 18 and "1" ????
Talk about a supreme choke. Perhaps the most embarrassing choke in Superbowl history. The consensus highest powered offense in the NFL mustering only 14?  Thats hilarious. Never has any team worked so hard just to secure the 32nd pick in the draft.
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 02-05-2008 17:08
What's the difference between the New England Patriots and a dollar?

You can get four quarters out of a dollar.

What's the different between the New England Patriots and Cheerios?

Cheerios belong in a bowl.

Why did Randy Moss eat his Cap'n Crunch on a plate this morning?

Because he just lost his bowl.

Why can't Tom Brady use the phone anymore?

Because he can't find the receiver.

Kinda hard to find the receiver when you're lying on your back and looking up at the lights all night.
Parent - - By Justin O (**) Date 02-06-2008 02:25
now thats funny
Parent - - By ason1965 (*) Date 02-06-2008 22:17
lmao!

football's over with, but wonder how they will script next season.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-07-2008 08:08
script?

I love it I dislike New York, but I freaking hate the patriots!!!!  YEA!!!!  and yea it was a good superbowl to watch for once!  I have been saying it all season long.....Tom Brady and the pats are so good they are awesome......Yea well (not to take anything away from them) but you take ANY NFL quaterback and give them that much time snap after snap to throw the ball and you dang right they will score a lot of points.  The patriots have an outstanding record mainly because of one outstanding offensive line.   Why did they lose the superbowl?  Simple...one steller effort by the Giants defensive line and backs.

Go Broncos!!!!!!

Tommy
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 02-10-2008 04:20
Roger the Broncos.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Super Bowl Picks