Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Business Cards?
- - By okwelder82 (***) Date 01-22-2008 02:49
I was just wondering if it is common for Rig welders to carry business cards. I have heard a few people talk about them but I was not really sure. If possible could someone post a picture of one to give me an Idea. Thanks.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 01-22-2008 03:59
Business cards are typically better than saying call me if you got a problem. I've seen situations where I've performed inspections and the foremen dug around in his wallet to find a card for the welder that fixed his last problem. It also gives a more professional appearance and nature to the work. All in all, it's probably a good idea. Key information would be contact voice, email, fax, specific capabilities, your name, and company name.
Parent - - By downhandonly (***) Date 01-22-2008 04:19
here's a good one
Parent - - By downhandonly (***) Date 01-22-2008 04:21
guess not.lol
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 01-23-2008 22:50
Having trouble with that new technologi, Downhand??? LOL. me to.
Parent - - By downhandonly (***) Date 01-24-2008 00:39
I guess it wasn't worth putting on here anyway!
Parent - - By weldgault (**) Date 01-24-2008 03:37
Downhand = Backhand.  DYU       John
Parent - By downhandonly (***) Date 01-26-2008 05:44
?
Parent - - By pipepro Date 01-22-2008 04:41
here is mine
Attachment: mobmain.jpg (0B)
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-22-2008 09:50
yep you should have them.....having them printed for you in large quantity by a reputable printing company is generally cheaper then printing your own.....but for small numbers printing them at home is economical. 

If you really want to make an impression you can film a small commercial or have a web designer make you a flash presentation on a CDR business card  http://www.disk.com/html/cdrom/business-card-round.htm?engine=adwords!5472&keyword=business+card+cd&match_type=

People for some reason cannot resist sticking these in the computer and seeing whats on them....its a good marketing tool to give to prospective customers.  When I did the computer/programming thing making presentations to burn on these were a good seller for me...my clients got good use out of them.
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 01-24-2008 05:41
pipepro , nice card . good luck  . willie
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 01-23-2008 00:13
okwelder82 , i think i just saw an ad for some they were $4.50 for 250 , i think they would be plain type no color . but should get your foot in the door . when i was traveling i got some for about $30 , bought a beeper for $75 for 1000 , hired a phone service for $65 a month (before cell phones ) and still get calls on some of them that was 1987 in so.cal. the last time i worked off them was in about 1994 for a plant shut down , i had a ticket to tulsa for friday when they called , i changed ticket to so.cal. got there on wenesday welded till monday morning hoped a ride to ponca city and still made it for family reunion went back to so.cal. got my welding truck loaded it with supplys and drove to alaska . i was gone about 12 days total and weld job payed for every thing including trip home . so you never know when someone will dust off one of your cards and give a call. if you print them make sure you put contact numbers in big print so they can read easily . good luck . willie     
Parent - - By XPERTFAB (**) Date 01-25-2008 06:08 Edited 01-25-2008 06:11
Vistaprint on the Net made my last bunch of cards at a price that was damn near free.  Even better, they email me continually with all kinds of freebies such as sticky notes, rubber stamps, and such.  Now have a two-stage ruber stamp system for reminder notices on past due invoices.
First they get the: "YOUR INVOICED AMOUNT IS PAST DUE! 

Fourteen days later they get: "YOUR INVOICE IS PAST DUE AND WE HAVE LIENED YOUR PROJECT FOR THE FULL CONTRACT AMOUNT!  

My next freebie rubberstamp from them (Yes it is fun to get something free in the mail you an actually use.)  will be worded something like:

YOUR INVOICED AMOUNT IS SERIOUSLY PAST DUE!  "PAY UP B#$^H!!"  

(Correct spelling of course)

all kidding aside, Vistaprint is one of those deals everyone should know about.
Parent - By blackdoggy (*) Date 01-26-2008 05:32
Yeah go with Vista Print http://www.vistaprint.com I got my first box of cards for just the cost of shipping if I am not mistaken and they send you some really cool samplers such as metallic printed cards. The only catch to there cards is every time you hand out one of your cards your promoting there company as well because they have a little line on the back with there free ad but they came out great when I got mine.
Parent - By F350Welder (*) Date 01-27-2008 00:13
Vistaprint is the best deal I've found, cool templates allow original designs too.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Business Cards?