Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Help I have a MIG 802 and need a switch
- - By THE DOCTOR Date 04-05-2007 12:04
I cannot find any information who made it or where to buy parts from the looks of it it is a harbor freight special.  I believe the switch controls the heat settings and probably the gas on and shut off unfortuneately none of the switches are marked they just have pictures.  I would be glad to post pics if anyone has any clues or information I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Jamie
Attachment: DSCF4747.JPG (0B)
Attachment: DSCF4748.JPG (0B)
Attachment: DSCF4751.JPG (0B)
Attachment: DSCF4749.JPG (0B)
Parent - By THE DOCTOR Date 02-09-2008 01:36
I added pictures

anyone have any ideas

I was thinking maybe Kjellberg Finsterwalde made it but they said no.

Thanks

DOC
Parent - - By Northweldor (***) Date 02-09-2008 13:03 Edited 02-09-2008 13:11
Cannot help you as far as maker, but the switch you need is the voltage (heat range) control, while the upper right switch is your wire-feed speed, and the upper left switch is identified as as a spot timer (controls the length of pulse with each pull of the trigger). The gas on and shut-off solenoid should be controlled by the gun- trigger (The solenoid should be the small blue square at the back of  the machine and entry of the gas tube).
Parent - By THE DOCTOR Date 02-11-2008 00:31
If i cannot find the maker any ideas on using someone else's switch

Thanks again for any info

DOC
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Help I have a MIG 802 and need a switch