Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 57 shorthood stainless or chrome parts
- - By 63 Max (***) Date 02-10-2008 05:23
Does anyone know where I can get any stainless or chrome parts for the 57 shorthood I just purchased. This shorthood is complete except the frost tube. It runs and welds perfect, even the idle works right. I'm going to custom restore it and want to put as much stainless or chrome on it as possible. I got it for 500.
Attachment: shorthood001.JPG (96k)
Attachment: shorthood002.JPG (0B)
Attachment: shorthood003.JPG (0B)
Attachment: shorthood011.JPG (0B)
Attachment: shorthood012.JPG (0B)
Attachment: shorthood013.JPG (127k)
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 02-10-2008 06:02
Dwight , looks good , good price , i wouldn't load it up with chrome or stainless . just nice clean and prep for paint , and nice paint job . i would paint grey . i painted one daglow orange in 1967 and didn't realy like it - too bright , but it never was stolen . i had too much trouble because every one could spot me and want me to weld all their broken stuff , never had time to do my own . finally sold it . and bought others , they are still my favorite machine . good luck and keep us posted on what you do . willie  
Parent - By 63 Max (***) Date 02-10-2008 06:31
Willie, I just did an 86 model SA 200 about a month ago pretty much stock besides the paint. There's pic's of it before and after on here. I'm using that one pipelining. I want to custom restore the shorthood and use it pipelining with a custom oldschool welder. I know nobody I work around has one like that. I seen a shorthood on ebay with stainless armature covers and stainless oil filter housing and it was sharp. If I cant buy the parts I may just have to get the stock ones chromed. Thanks
Parent - By millerman (**) Date 02-11-2008 01:03
57 just got done doing 1  when a little off th ereservation the gen on this one is  a 64  red face machine on a 52 short hood frame  used the 64 front panel just to give you some ideals let me know if you find so stanless want to do the doors  and hood
Thanks
mac
Attachment: PICT0006.JPG (783k)
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 57 shorthood stainless or chrome parts