Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Skidmore Wilhelm
- - By sean32 (*) Date 02-12-2008 18:47
I am needing to rent a skidmore wilhelm bolt tension calibrator. Does anyone have any suggeestions whre to do this? I can find plenty for sale but not to rent. I am in Texas but will rent from wherever I have to.
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 02-12-2008 19:52
have you tried a geo-technical engineering firm, or testing lab / construction services. also, any AISC certified fabrication shop will typically have one. we have rented ours in the past.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-12-2008 21:52
Also try an AISC Certified Erector, they may lend you one. I borrowed one from an erector while mine was in the shop for it's annual calibration. If you were closer you could use mine...shipping would eat you up...it's over 100#s
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 02-13-2008 04:29
Sean

Your Structural Bolt supplier usually has some newly calibrated testers on hand for loan or rental.
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 02-13-2008 13:37
Joe and John Wright gave some good advice.  I don't know how "friendly" companies are to competition in your area.  In our area, you can sometimes find a steel fab shop that is willing to loan the use of a Skidmore on a short term basis.  You might offer to rent the Skidmore and pay the wages of their technician to help you with your testing.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Skidmore Wilhelm