Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Wonderful western slope
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 02-02-2008 00:36
Who, (besides me), has been enjoying all of this wonderful weather we have been getting this year in Northern Colorado, and central Wyoming............?
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 02-02-2008 18:24
It's snowing in south Colorado as well. Keeps the riff raff out is what they say. Of course, I'm here, so what do they know.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 02-08-2008 09:09
Well.........it's 2:07 am and Im on this site, The operator in the bobcat has been dilligently moving mountains of snow for 6 hours from my driveway. I have been mixing bloody marys for a while now. I have some time off on account of some flossy female sage grouse. Aloha!!!!!
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 02-08-2008 09:56
Alritght- okay I've been drinking.........it is now 2:57am and I can now negotiate my driveway come tomorrow.
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 02-10-2008 04:24
Took a Bobcat to dig me out of here as well. Times like this make me glad I'm in a shop. In a month or so I'll be obsessing over the difference in pay again. Sigh...
Parent - - By XPERTFAB (**) Date 02-12-2008 17:50
Spent six and one half hours on Saturday in my Bobcat clearing snow from around my place enough to get in and out without 4WD low range.  Spring time in Colorado is going to be a doosey as the "Mud Season" should last to about July with all the melting wet stuff around here. Putting big winches and PullPals on both of my rigs in order to get unstuck on the jobsites I work on in April.  We could start a whole other thread on "Tips to get your expensive, overweight welding truck unstuck from mud up to doorhandles"!
Love to hear what others do in this situation.  This is the first really heavy winter I have lived through following mirating to Colorado from Los Angeles.  Not too many worries about getting stuck welding structural in the city.
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 02-13-2008 03:58
X, you are so spot on about the mud. People still talking about the plows are behind the curve. I've seen this a few times, so I can tell you what the big issue will be... flooded septics. As soon as the snow's off I'm calling to get my name on the list for a pump out. The tanks usually leak and the groundwater floods 'em. Hard to go to work if the ol' lady's without a proper bathroom. Then the mud, of course, and it varies around here. Anything remotely like clay will stop equipment cold. Eventually it will dry enough to work, and then you'll hear a loud humming. That's this year's bumper crop of mosquitos. Great scenery if you stand far enough away, though.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 02-13-2008 06:24
Pump out? That is why My Dad had the foresight to build most of the way up the hill. All We need was a siphon hose. Of course not everybody is up for sucking on the hose to get it going, that is why Dad would plug 1 end of the hose and fill it with water before sticking the other end in the tank. He only got inside to shovel the solids out once, My job was to haul the bucket up and dump it into the wheelbarow, and wheel it down into the woods for disposal. Fortunatly before this needed to be done again My cousin had married the honey dipper, and We employed His services since [usually].
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-13-2008 09:20
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!               
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 02-13-2008 17:37
Sold my house here in northwest Co. Gotta be out by the new month. Going south again. Those damn sage chickens shut our jobs down up in Wy till june......!!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Wonderful western slope