Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Canadian
- - By ranman Date 02-10-2008 11:56
like everyone else here  i want to do the best job i can and equip myself with the power of knowledge. Im brand new to this site and just fininshed my welding inspection courses for level 1 visual.(CSA W178.2-01).it seems every time i open a book or take a course to learn and advance i realizer how much stuff i dont know.lolo
i look forward to viewing everyones posts and if i can i would be happy help out based on my experiances. Yes i am across the border but dont let that fool you we stick stuff together too.lolol
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 02-10-2008 15:04
randy , welcome to the forum and yes life is a learning experience . there are a bunch of great guys and gals on here and we all depend on everyones knowledge and experience . what kinds of fabrication work do you do down your way ? i know you have the highest tides in your area , we have the second highest here on turnagain arm of cook inlet . keep us posted on whats happening where you are . good luck . willie
Parent - - By ranman Date 02-10-2008 18:34
I work in a fabrication shop here in Nova Scotia, primarily repairing woods gear was the original main stay, but over the years more "custom" work has flown our way its is different every day.aluminum truck boxes to platforms and ladders.My main interest in this site is that we also have a machine shop facility,as a result we use aluminum,cast iron, 4140,4340 cht100 plate, cht400plate, stress proff,brass copper,chrome..etc..lots of job and lots of different materials..although it makes my job less boring it widens the amount of information you need to be familar with when trying to join all these materails together.for the most part we can handle it but sometimes your left scratching your head.
Also I am the welding inspector for our shop and want to increase my metelurgical knowledge in the above metioned material.to go over to a welder and say you've got a crack their,isnt the answer hes looking for...but i bet he has a one liner for you.lolo
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 02-10-2008 19:22
randy , it sounds like you have a very interesting job . we have some machine tools and it is always fun to repair things . i know you live in a beautiful area . i wish i could have traveled there in my younger days but now have to travel with national geograpic or on the web . good luck . willie
Parent - - By Sean (**) Date 02-13-2008 13:15
Hi Ranman,

There are a few of us Maritimers on the forum and I'm sure there are a few more that are just readers as well.  Congrats on the W178.2, which to the guys south of the border is a Canadian version of an AWS CWI.  As I'm sure you will see the gang here are very well versed in all aspects of welding and metallurgy and are a valuable resource.

Regards,
Sean
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-13-2008 17:58
Welcome to the forum.

If we can't help you, we can at least swap lies and stories!

Best regards - Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Canadian