Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Duplex printing code books from AWS site
- - By Stringer (***) Date 02-14-2008 02:35
I've downloaded my purchases of the bridge and aerospace code books from AWS. My Dell 1720 printer will only let me duplex print manually. However, this is not possible with the code books, apparently, because of some sercurity measures imbedded in the publication. I understand the need to protect the publication, but the bridge code printed on one side only makes for an unnecessarily unwieldy book. Any workarounds? Could I save a file to disc and take it down to my local printer for duplex printing? I like their bindery better than the AWS pre-bound stuff and that is one reason I download instead of order a pre-bound book. Plus, I print on better paper, which for me, is worth the extra two dollars.
Parent - - By James Corbin (**) Date 02-14-2008 02:44
You will find out the AWS download placed a cookie (among other things) on your computer that will only let your computer while logged on the internet open the file and print it. Also you can only hit the print function 5 or so times. I would go ahead and print it out then run this "master" through your copy machine for duplexing. REMEMBER there are copy right laws so keep your copy yours and keep your printed reciept.
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 02-14-2008 05:29
Yes, thanks, James. I respect intellectual property and am only trying to get a nice product for which I have paid full price.
Parent - By James Corbin (**) Date 02-14-2008 15:01
Totally agree, get your moneys worth. I also did not know there was a limit on "Print" and did not print out the full book the first time when the print function quit and had to raise a fuss. Lesson learned. If you use your code book enough and mark it up as I do you will damage pages and need to replace them as needed from your master set. Then you can use the computer copy to do word/topic searches.
Enjoy
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Duplex printing code books from AWS site