Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / block heaters
- - By jwa35 (*) Date 02-14-2008 02:45
I heard that Lincoln was making a block heater, I was wondering if anyone has tried one.
Parent - - By SPARKYCA (**) Date 02-14-2008 15:54 Edited 02-14-2008 15:57
The dealers here ( western Canada ) , have been installing block heaters in the Lincolns when they get them here. Years ago a lot of guys would install small tank heaters in a hose from the water pump to the engine block. I think Temro was the popular brand. I believe temro makes various sizes of block heaters also, you would just have to figure out what size you need to replace the frost plug you take out of the block. Either one is nice for cold weather starting.  I usually start plugging in for an hour or two when the temp goes below freezing. - WS
Parent - By up-ten (***) Date 02-14-2008 21:04
Absolutely necessary in this part of the country. I just purchased a Vantage 400 a few weeks back with the Perkins(nice and quiet) and they put a block heater AND a pan heater in it. Now, it was pretty cool a couple weeks back but that Perkins sure liked keeping warm before starting up in the mornings. But isn't there a heater that installs in the engine compartment that runs off your fuel and keeps the block warm. Polar heater or something??  A fellow rig welder had one installed in his truck and in his welder and said those heaters were the best money he'd spent.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / block heaters