Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Question about Friction Welding
- - By Andhika Setiawan Date 02-27-2008 14:28 Edited 02-27-2008 15:52
Hello guys,i'm looking for source about friction welding.in my minor thesis (still in process),i investigate about the effect of workpiece chamfer (lead angle)in rotation friction welding.i'll use alluminium alloy 6061 series.i need more sources for this joint design (chamfer).i'll appreciate all of you who help me.thank you.
i'm sorry,i can't speak english well,because i'm from abroad (indonesia).
Parent - - By eekpod (****) Date 02-27-2008 15:20
Hey, your english is better than mine and I live here.

Have you tried searching the articles in AWS magazine "Welding Journal".  There have been a number of articles over the past couple of years on this process, that's were I first heard about friction stir welding.  Other than that I can't help, sorry.  Chris
Parent - - By Andhika Setiawan Date 02-27-2008 15:40
my minor thesis is not about friction stir welding,but linear friction welding or rotation friction welding.i'll try your advice.thank you very much.oia if you have information or something that related with my thesis please contact me.ok?thanks
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 02-28-2008 03:39
Andhika: the rotating friction method is sometimes refered to as "inertia welding", that might give You some more leads.
Parent - By Andhika Setiawan Date 03-03-2008 15:59
Is the word "bevelled" angle has the same meaning with "lead angle" in friction welding?
Parent - By Andhika Setiawan Date 03-02-2008 15:11
i've a journal/research that support my minor thesis.The title is "The Effect of Joint Design and Volume Fraction on Friction Welding Properties...." by Lin, et al. from AWS. And i'm need one more source that related with this article,especially about joint design.if you can help me,please inform me.thank you very much...
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 02-27-2008 17:15
Here is the US DOE website.  They have hundreds of papers.  You need to run an advanced search using "friction welding" as in input to see what they have.

www.osti.gov/bridge/
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 02-27-2008 20:57
I have used friction welding equipment from both of these compaines:

http://www.ifweld.com/

http://www.mtiwelding.com/

Maybe you can find some information on these sites.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Question about Friction Welding