Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Sa200
- - By Sberry (***) Date 03-29-2008 14:11
I see these any where from 1500 to 2500 depending on condition. The was driven by a little old farmer on Sundays and I got it at an auction with some other stuff. I have the manuals, the doors, its mag ignition. Low low hrs.
I worked on it for a full day shop time, cleaned the carb, don't recall if I did spark plugs but the auto idle works, charging work, some insulator stuff, I change the oil, I tinkered with a bunch of the stuff that might give a guy fits. I didn't really do any rebuilding and didn't super sleuth it down to the detail but it all works like its sposed to.
This is a machine with a lot of work left in it, needs to go to some upstart pipeline type or something of that nature. I want 2 grand for it, like I said I spend a full day working out the little bugs that were sure to cause downtime, there are cheaper ones on the market, most would need that much work or more.
I ran this thing a couple times to test it. My rods are ancient but it works good, I think it welds and runs better than my other one. Its snappy, needs some fresh gas but it hits it right from the get go. I wouldn't hesitate to throw it on the truck and work it until its next service interval.
The next owner can tinker with the cosmetics and the reason I sell this is that I have another one and 2 other small portables, if I planned on going to work in that capacity you couldn't pry it away from me, the low initial cost and the service life potential make it worth buying used, It would be a hard sell to get me to buy a new machine in this class when one like this would do the job for 20% the cost.
Attachment: SAold.JPG (50k)
Attachment: SAold5.JPG (0B)
Attachment: SAold3.JPG (50k)
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 03-29-2008 14:55
I'm assuming you are Sberry from the Miller forum correct? I bought a old 62 redface back at Christmas but just wanted to say thanks for posting here and giving these guys here first dibs on buying your machine. I've seen other pics of your other welder you painted and all really nice machine both this one and the other.

Chris
Parent - - By Sberry (***) Date 03-29-2008 16:58
Thanks, even though I am not to sentimental about equipment I had planned on keeping the one I refurbished, it was the first machine I ever bought. I never ran it a lot and the finish was damaged from sitting around and being pulled on a trailer in the winter. I actually think this old one runs and welds better, if I could get away for a while I would be tempted to throw it on a truck and go to work. I have accumulated so much stuff over the years, a lot of it I just plain don't use. I really only need one small portable although I use 2 for power outage on occasion and they are a source of AC power as much as a welder.
  I fussed over this one for a day or so and tuned the idle among other things, it really snaps when you scratch an arc. About the only thing I didn't check was the spark plugs, prolly should have but always worry about the steel carbs when they sit. I really wouldn't have had to do that, it wasn't that bad and would have cleaned with some fresh fuel. It still could use a few details but nothing will stop it from going to work as it is.
Parent - - By michaelb (**) Date 03-29-2008 17:40
where you located with the machine??
Parent - By Sberry (***) Date 03-29-2008 17:43
I am in Northwest lower Michigan, about an hour south of Traverse City. I have a website listed in the info with maps.
Parent - - By high_flex (**) Date 03-30-2008 01:15
Hello,

My Name is Mark. I am a upstart pipeliner looking for a good machine. Is this machione all copper?

Could you help?
I am in NW Iowa.

Cell 515-779-4254
Parent - - By Sberry (***) Date 03-30-2008 02:21
Yes, this was made before they dream of using aluminum,,,, ha
Parent - By timr245 (*) Date 04-02-2008 22:57
Is the welder still for sale, if so how much? Thank you
Parent - - By JIMMY_B (*) Date 04-03-2008 04:41
Whats the sn#  Thanks.
Parent - - By Sberry (***) Date 04-03-2008 14:12
The plan at this moment is Mark is going to pick it up Sat morning. Had I realized the interest I might have picked a couple more up in the past on occasion but I am not in the equipment sales business. I rarely sell anything, just have way more stuff than I need. I could part with another one if the price was right, I didn't really have any intention of getting rid of them, one time and place and they earn their keep, I have been threating to go into the welding biz but seem to keep getting sidetracked. I need to work on the idle board of this one yet, I was fooling around with the timing but think I will return it to stock as the long delay eats too much fuel.
Attachment: Sa2002.JPG (0B)
Attachment: SA200finished.JPG (0B)
Parent - By Sberry (***) Date 04-03-2008 14:52
I think I bought it new in about 1980, its got a prestolite dist in it which I had a little problem with on occasion but got cleared up. It doesn't have more than a few hundred easy hrs on it if that. The steel is so-so, could stand to be refinished again if a guy was wanting to be pristine but we painted it so it wouldn't rust away. I bought it with the intention of going to work, didn't hit the road right then, turned in to more basic general work and a popcorn machines became way more practical. I bought some new hood latches, not on and keep forgetting to source some stainless screws. The only reason it wouldn't be good to go is I need to work on the circuit board a bit.
  This is interesting more than anything else, interesting to see the movement in used equipment.
Parent - By rizzocm2005 (*) Date 06-28-2008 15:24
that welder still around or still for sale
Parent - By rizzocm2005 (*) Date 06-28-2008 15:24
welder still around or is it sold
Parent - By rizzocm2005 (*) Date 06-28-2008 15:25
shoot me an email if its still around rizzocm2005@yahoo.com
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Sa200