Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Save your money!!!
- - By 1mancrew (**) Date 03-30-2008 21:48
Just a word of advice to my fellow tradesmen. If you haven't aleady, start saving some money for your retirement years! Personally, I save a minimum of 10% of everything I take in. I'vee seen a lot of old timers that were very good welders but didn't save a dime over the course of their lives and now, they have no options. They have to keep working! Don't let this happen to you!! Even if you think you want to do this job forever at least by saving money you will have options. Plus, with time and compound interest, you could have a lot of money by the time you are ready to slow it down a bit or retire altogether.

Just my $.10 worth ( $.02 adjusted for inflation) Take it for what its worth. What say you?

GH Weidman
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 03-31-2008 04:37
I agree. You might not be able to work as many years as You expect, and I personally don't have a lot of faith in the US govt.being able to provide a livable ammount of social security in the future. I stashed money away back when I had a good job, I am darn glad to have it now.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Save your money!!!