Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / LN 25 PRO
- - By vantage500man (**) Date 04-20-2008 20:55
HAS ANY ONE GOT THIS NEW SUIT CASE YET IF SO HOW IS IT AND HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM THE REG LN-25 GET ONE SOON LOOKING AT THE PRO LOOKS LIKE IT BETTER FOR FIELD CONSTRUCTION AND BUCKET WORK I NEED DURABLE AND SIMPLE TO RUN FLUX CORE AND WIRE AND GAS THANK YOU BEAR!
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 04-20-2008 21:42
Hello vantage500man, haven't run this one yet, however one of the things that I believe it will show over any of the others is the lack of "puffing". I am referring to having a big blast of shielding gas when you initially pull the trigger and go to start welding, since the flow-meter is housed directly inside of the feeder you won't have the build-up of pressure that sometimes occurs when you have long runs of gas line and it is the type that expands slightly under pressure. I believe they also made some real progress in serviceability concerning having to gain access to any of the internals, the old LN's were a bearcat if you needed to gain access to anything inside of them. I also believe they made the front ends to accept standard mig guns instead of having to use the cumbersome adapters that the older ones required due to being set-up for the self-shielded wire guns initially, this could be real nice for you if you plan on running a lot of dual shielded or gas shielded wires. Not a lot but some things to consider. Best regards, aevald
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 04-20-2008 22:06
A look at the Lincoln site will tell you all of the differences between the two. I haven't run one yet but I do know that the drive rolls will not interchange with the old model.

Everyone I know that uses long shielding gas lines (I have 300' on mine) uses a regulater at the feeder. It's easy to do. It's easier with the new box.

I've never had to use an adapter for a gun either, but I only use Lincoln innershield guns and Tweco Spray-Master guns for dual shield and they can be bought to fit the feeder. I think most other guns can be as well.

JTMcC.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / LN 25 PRO