Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Trying to start
- - By youngyane Date 04-19-2008 08:12
hey everyone im new here and trying to start out. my problem is my gurl is pregnant and i know the best many is in pipelines. do any of you know and places in texas i can work and pretty much stay in that area. or whats big in kentucky, because if i can find something that pays good there i would be happy yo stay around here family after im done with school and our kids burn. 'ive had it both ways growing up, dads gone all of the time and not enough maney to pay the bills. neither ones any better in my opion. so im trying to find a way for both but i dought it possible. please shed some light if anyone can.

sincerely, J Yanez
Parent - - By Tom11980 (*) Date 04-20-2008 13:14
Just get out there and talk to people thats the best way.  It took me a little over a month and I had found a good lead. Most people that you talk to will be good enough to steer you in the right direction.  If they are not hiring contract welders then they usually know someone that is.  I live in Casper Wy and there are a lot of rig welders up here I just happened to run into a business that know one had talked to yet I went in and he told me that he has been thinking about hiring a rig welder 75hr and 4 minutes from my house.
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 04-20-2008 16:40
thats a pretty sweet deal Tom..
Parent - By Tom11980 (*) Date 04-22-2008 23:31
passed it yesterday thank go he said he could keep me busy all summer.
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 04-21-2008 02:35
I'll pray for your child.
Parent - By Tom11980 (*) Date 04-21-2008 13:24
I take the super coupon this morning wish me luck.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Trying to start