Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hobart Hefty suitcase feeder
- - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 04-22-2008 03:07
   I just got a used Hefty, no manual. It has the gas selanoid and contactor. I figured out how to set up the feed rolls for .045 Dual Shield wire that I intend to run & I found the CC/CV switch. I think it has a Tweeco #3 gun, from what I can make out on the label. The liner looks big enough for the .045 wire [it was last used with .035 solid] and I probably have some .045 contact tips amongst My stuff.

This machine is from the mid '90s, not overly beat up & pretty clean inside. I removed the case liner and there are no obvious problems with the components.

I plan to use this with My Ranger 9 in CV mode.

What size nozzle should I use with .045 Dual Shield?

If anyone has any tips or service suggestions I appreciate their input.
Parent - - By dschlotz (***) Date 04-22-2008 12:37
Dave,

The standard size for .045 is 5/8" ID nozzle. You can get adapters for almost any Tweeco gun, that will allow you to use anybodies consumables. I recently adapted my Tweeco to use Bernard Centerfire tapered tips to access a very tight skewed and limited access weld area.
Dennis
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 04-23-2008 02:24 Edited 04-23-2008 02:30
Thanks Dennis. The gun presently has a 23-50 threaded on tip [1/2"]. I will look through My stuff & see what I have on hand. I probably have all incompatable components if MURPHY has anything to do with it.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hobart Hefty suitcase feeder