Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / few pictures of my 62 redface I'm restoring.
- - By chris2698 (****) Date 04-30-2008 01:40 Edited 04-30-2008 02:28
I repainted everything the 6334 dupont color that JTMC gave me thanks dude for the color code
Sorry I can't figure out how to make the pictures smaller. The first two are the one I took yesterday the last one is what it looked like before and god I am ashamed to even post it but you can see how rusted to sh*t it really was. I had the entire body and frame sandblasted and primed and a friend of mine painted the entire frame and body and generator with two coats of color and two coats of clear. The motor has been fully rebuilt. I have replace the armature bearing adding Murphy temp and oil pressure gauges. Kaye rebuilt the carb and she is rebuilding my waterpump no rush Kaye LOL and am replacing the radiator and those are really the only two things from holding me back from firing her up. There are other things I have done but can't really remember right now. When Kaye finishes my waterpump I am also going to buy the handcrank and battery cover from her I want it to look and pretty much run the same it did when it was on the showroom floor. I must say this has been a very exciting restoration project I hope to find another one to restore I truely have enjoyed this build. I will get more pictures up when it is completed and if there is anyone else that needs pictures of whatever to help them with there build just ask I have alot of other pictures I've taken as I disassebled this thing.

I really want to Thank Kaye you have been truely awsome with parts and helping me take this thing apart. I would also like to thank Shad I know I have emailed you a bunch of times during this build.. I'm sure I have left out others so Thank you all for the help along the way.
If anyone needs help just ask I have no problem passing along what I've learned.

Chris
Attachment: welderpics052.JPG (0B)
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 04-30-2008 02:08
another couple
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 04-30-2008 03:02
Good Job. I have 2 in my shop I want to do the same to. One has been updated and the is all original. Did you take it to kaye to have the engine rebuilt?
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 04-30-2008 03:27 Edited 04-30-2008 03:32
no I didn't I did alot of searching here in Louisiana and found a guy just outside of Baton Rouge about 53 miles from me to do all the machining and he assembled it. I found out about the guy from my dads friend who he found out from his friend that this guy was probally one of the best engine builder in the Baton Rouge area. The guy use to do alot of industrial engines long ago but does mostly Sprint car and dragster engines now but will build pretty much anything it seems you need. He's got a entire dyno in his shop and when I went to pick the motor up and seen 3 brand new sprint cars lined up in his shop probally go for about 100gran each I knew i found the right builder. Here's his website it isn't much but the guy is really nice and I'm sure he can get you any parts you need for whatever engine you need http://www.timsengines.com/ Tim and his wife are very nice people.
Parent - By abrahamx (*) Date 04-30-2008 03:24
Nice!!!
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 04-30-2008 14:40
Very nice Chris-- makes me feel good to see someone take pride in their equipment and work. If you decide not to chase pipe, I'm always looking for techs.
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 04-30-2008 16:02
Thanks Kaye...who knows I may take you up on that offer someday.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / few pictures of my 62 redface I'm restoring.