Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Places to Stay while in Wyoming
- - By Wyoranch Date 05-03-2008 16:02
I've been told that Lodging for workers in around the Pinedale and Big Piney area of Wyoming is a big problem.  I have a lodge in the area and was wondering where I should advertise food and lodging for those looking.  I'm a very small operation and can only accomodate 5-6 guests at a time.  I need to find a means of advertising BEFORE they actually show up in Sublette County and can't find something!  I helped out a couple of welders last year that were stuck for a place to stay and it worked out great.  They had to drive a little ways to get to our lodge, but I was told that it was a welcome break to enjoy relaxation and home cooked meals. So....any suggestions? 
Parent - - By thirdeye (***) Date 05-04-2008 14:15
You would most likely get more bites with an ad in the Rock Springs newspaper, The Rocket Miner.  Many service companies are based there and a lot of workers live there.

On the other hand, a notice on bulletin boards in Big Piney, LaBarge and Pinedale might do the trick.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the area motels would give you a referral, I mean when they are full-up that's it. There are no more rooms. 

It's neat to see that you are not focusing only on tourists or hunters.

~thirdeye~
Parent - By ZCat (***) Date 05-04-2008 15:39
you might try an ad on Craigslist
Parent - - By Wyoranch Date 05-04-2008 21:53
Thank you for the suggestions.  Since this is a new venture for me, I also would like to know what this kind of service is worth to someone? Obviously I will have to adjust my rates from "vacationers" rates.  I checked around the area hotels and found the room rates (if yo can get one!) to be anywhere from $100-$135 per night.  The cost of eating out in Sublette County is also expensive.  Believe it or not, there isn't a single fast food resturant in the County!  I was thinking about charging $125/day for both food and lodging.  I do not know what is allowed for "per diem".  My son actually works on a drilling rig, but he says that his company provides a man camp for the crew, so he wasn't much help. 
Parent - By thirdeye (***) Date 05-05-2008 13:27
You might check out this link.  Click on "Lodging".  Maybe you can get an idea of market pricing,  or even arrange to be listed here.

http://www.mountainmancountry.com/

Usually oil patch per diem runs $80 to $100 per day..... In an area like this however, (and around Jackson Hole, Cody or even Cheyenne during Frontier Days)  most companies will have to pick-up 100% of expenses, they have no other choice (except the man-camp scene).  I would think a weekly rate would be something to think about.  Hardly anyone goes up there for a day or two.

BTW, Some of the convenience stores/gas stations get pretty creative with "fast food", many having hot food sections with everything from breakfast burritos to fried chicken lunches.  And you can get it at 0530.  The bars catch some of the dinner crowd with burgers or pizza.

~thirdeye~
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Places to Stay while in Wyoming