Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / WY. Rig welding jobs
- - By Everittshane Date 05-05-2008 01:55
Hey,

Can anyone give me some contact info for rig welding jobs in WY. I am a combo pipe rig welder with 10 years exp. I am working my rig down in TX. and i want to go up to WY. I hear there is a lot of work up there for rig welders but i dont see anything in the hot sheet. Thanks for the help.

Shane
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 05-05-2008 16:45
Spring Migration..... Things are slow right now, by middle of summer though.... (those dinosaur farts have been in the ground for 100 million years, another 6 weeks aint gonna make-em go stale). BLM has things shut down and for good reason The sage grouse are mating, antelope are on the move (let the wild critters do their thing, I am a member of PETA, that's People Eating Tasty Animals) and it's a mud fest out there in the boonies with the Spring thaw.
On the back burner though, 24" line from Opal, Wy to Mcphearson, Ks (they're stacking up miles and miles of it at a rail spur in Skull Point even now as we speak) and a sister line from LaBarge to Kearn River (Bakersfield).
Call Greene's Welding, Rock Springs or Hettinger in Gillette.....
Parent - - By Everittshane Date 05-06-2008 00:51
Thanks for the help.
Parent - - By parksl (*) Date 05-06-2008 02:57
Shane,

How do you get on the hot sheet? I am trying to go to Wyoming too but cannot find out any info. I live in Louisiana and there are a few lines that are going to be close to here
later this summer but I need to be working right now!

Thanks,
Lance
Parent - By Everittshane Date 05-07-2008 01:21 Edited 05-07-2008 01:25
Lance,

Just google (The Hot Sheet) when all the stuff about The Hot Sheet come's up click on The Industial Report and you will find it. It's about 25 dolors to get, but there is noting in it about WY.

Good Luck,

Shane
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / WY. Rig welding jobs