Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / sa 200 armature brushes are stuck?
- - By vctowpig Date 04-01-2007 04:38
I have a 67 model sa 200 that has been sitting for a while. It runs good but will not idle up when an you strike an arc. It has the pc board on it. When i put the machine on high idle, it will idle up and weld, but it is arcing out real bad between the armature and brushes. I notice that the steel band that the brushes sit in have rusted and will not let the brushes float. I have tried to free them by very lightly taping on them but have had no luck. What is the best way to get them to glide freely without tearing anything up? Is this why it wont idle up automatically? I did use a stone to clean the armature and exciter.

Thanks
Trey
Parent - By fw3372 (*) Date 04-03-2007 02:10
Trey raise spings and gently work brushes out of holder once out you can clean the carriers with a small emery board and also the sides of the brushes new brushes are available from weldmart 18004606474
Parent - By gtrman Date 04-14-2007 03:28
Try running a grinder off it in automatic idle.  If it revs up like that you have a problem with the reed switch..Cheap fix..About $10
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / sa 200 armature brushes are stuck?