Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SA 200 electrical schematic
- - By stronics Date 10-03-2007 21:27
I have been trying to locate a schematic for the electronic idler model. I've written (emailed) to Lincoln several times and I have to tell you, that is a lesson in futility if there ever was one. What a joke.
Does anyone have one or know where I could get one. The one I'm looking for is the one that  is usually glued to the inside of the door panel on the welder.
I bought an older SA 200 and someone has modified the wiring to the idler circuit.
I'd appreciate any help,
Thanks,
David
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 10-03-2007 22:03
Hello stronics, there is a gentleman who frequents the forum and goes by the name of KSellon, he has a repair facility and has been very generous in sharing a host of information with everyone. You might use the search function to locate his bio and see about contacting him. I'm sure he can help out. Regards, aevald
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 10-04-2007 18:40
David-
  Get me your code#. My scanner isn't up to date enough to clearly show schematics but I can fax it to you. Or you can call me and I can tell you wire for wire how it goes. Just make sure if you call me it is after 3 pm. That is when the shop slows down enough for me to spend time on the phone.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 10-12-2007 21:39 Edited 10-18-2007 17:53
David-
  Have you found the schematic? Rough outline of it is as follows:

PC board terminals W--B--B--R--Y

W= top term of solenoid
B= bottom side of recept
B= (piggy bagged) one wire (brown from gen housing) one wire black from exciter (both coming thru gen housing)
R= top wire from reed switch
Y= idler switch

-------------------------------------------------------------
I wish I could just fax the thing to you.

reed switch= bottom wire to ground, top wire to R terminal of idler board
idle solenoid= top wire to W teminal of idler board bottom wire to hi/lo idle switch
idle switch= piggyback bottom terminal to Y terminal of idler board and idle solenoid
                 piggyback top terminal to pilot light and oil pressure switch
110v recept= 2 wires to top side (one from exciter circuit (usually red) one to outside tap of rheostat)
                 bottom side wire goes to first B terminal of board
rheostat= blue stranded wire from generator housing to center tap of rheostat

Please be very cautious. You can cause more damage. If you have any doubts then stop and take it to a service center. DISCONNECT BATTERY AND DO NOT HAVE MACHINE RUNNING WHILE REWIRING. I know that sounds dumb be you would not believe what some customers have done. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.!!!!!!
Parent - By stronics Date 10-20-2007 00:30
KSellon,
Thank you so much for that information, I do appreciate your time and effort. It is very helpful and tomorrow I am getting after this welder.
I'm sorry for the slow reply. This computer is giving me grief. It is only working part of the time, and I can't seem to find the time to fix it.
Thanks ever so much,
David
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SA 200 electrical schematic