Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Anviloy tig wire source needed
- - By seaplane 2 Date 10-19-2007 00:33
Hi, I need to find a source for anviloy tig wire. It needs to be a bright , clean finish and .045 or .062 diameter. We are welding mallory to stainless with this wire, and currently can only find it in a ground finish that tends to leave porosity in the weld joint. Any help or info would be appreciated.Any tech tips on welding with anviloy would alsoe be appreciated.  Thanks for your time!
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-19-2007 02:10
Parent - - By SEAPLANE (*) Date 10-19-2007 08:32
Thanks Lawrence. I think one of the problems that we have, Is that the only diameter wire that we can find is the .120 wire listed at cmw. Our supplier has it sanded or ground down to .065 for us , and I beleive it is contaminating the wire during this sanding process. We need to find it in the .062 diameter in a bright finish, or non sanded finish.
Parent - By jd369 (**) Date 10-19-2007 11:36
Would it be possible to do a chemical cleaning process on the wire you have on hand. You could then verify that this is the source of contamination (sanding) and it would allow the use of your already stocked wire.
Just a thought.
JD369
Parent - - By SWP (**) Date 10-19-2007 14:30
Talk to United States Welding Corp., they may supply this wire (very clean), or they may be able to clean wire that you provide.
They have an abrasive/solvent cleaning process for welding filler wire.
http://www.usweldingcorp.com/
Parent - By SEAPLANE (*) Date 10-21-2007 22:35
Thanks for the info. I have sent some emails to the recomended sites. Hopefully, I'll get some info in the coming days.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Anviloy tig wire source needed