Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Estimating Welding Parameters
- - By milburn Date 12-17-2007 16:33
Can somebody provide me with a method of calculating MIG, FCAW, and TIG welding parameters? I know I can use the commercially available "Slide rule" calculators, however would like to know how these values are generated.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-17-2007 16:49
The electrode mfgs give you those suggested parameters to use to get you in the ballpark, but then the welder must fine tune his machine from there. These values are generated from extensive testing so that you will have a good place to start. The numbers will vary with each electrode mfg, due to the "soup mix" that each mfg uses.
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 12-17-2007 19:31
Go to millerwelds.com they have some good info on that stuff.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-17-2007 20:35

Ed Craig at WWW.weldreality.com sells mig fcaw parameter guide books... If you want to understand why things are the way they are in the world of CV welding, Ed's data is the best out there.  After reading his books you will know not only the best parameters but the best process, position and wire diameters to produce with the greatest profitability.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Estimating Welding Parameters